Flight Attendant Jobs Vacancy in Swoop Hamilton
Swoop Hamilton urgently required following position for Flight Attendant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Flight Attendant Jobs Vacancy in Swoop Hamilton Jobs Details:
Swoop's vision is simple - make travel affordable, easy and accessible to everyone. We do this by keeping costs low and passing the savings on to our travellers by offering an unbundled service that allows them to customize their experience. We are a small company doing big things, where everyone plays an integral role in our success. Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, start-up environment changing the landscape of air travel in Canada? Then think Swoop.
Posting Open Date: 01/12/2018
Posting Close Date: 04/30/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Swoop Flight Attendants act as ambassadors for the Company, creating a remarkable experience for every traveler. Swoop Flight Attendants are representatives of the airline on and off duty. Ensuring everyone on board has a safe and stress-free experience, Flight Attendants deliver exceptional customer service and hospitality. In this role, Flight Attendants are entrusted with the safety and security of our travelers, crew members and aircraft.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English.
- Must hold a current valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Flight Attendant wherever Swoop operates) is required.
- Must be able to reach 204cm without shoe’s and the ability to raise on the balls of the feet.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card).
- Must be able to travel internationally (United States and beyond) without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist and 22 pounds’ overhead.
- Must successfully complete an initial training program, no absence from training is permitted.
- Must pass a Swoop pre-employment medical.
- Must be able to travel away from home for an extended period.
- Must be ready and willing to work 24h/7d/365y; must be able to work any hour of the day, and any day of the week or year.
- Must be available for reserve shifts. When on call for reserve, Flight Attendants must be contactable and able to report to work within 1 hour of the request being made.
- Must adhere to uniform standards.
- Swoop is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of our employees, and our travelers. As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test.
- Must hold Standard Level First Aid Certification from St. John Ambulance with a validity of three (3) years remaining from the date of hire.
- Enforce and follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with Swoop and Regulatory Standards
- Follow all procedures to properly operate safety and emergency equipment such as oxygen systems, aircraft doors, evacuation slides, fire extinguishers, galley equipment, communication equipment, and lighting systems.
- Ensure and uphold exceptional traveler service standards, both inflight and on the ground.
- Complete service and sales in accordance with Swoop service standards.
- Anticipate and adhere to travelers’ needs.
- Assist with the stowage of carry-on items (includes pushing, pulling reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and carrying luggage).
- Effectively manage uncomfortable or challenging situations with the public.
- Carry oneself with the utmost professionalism and poise while on-duty or in the public eye.
- Groom oneself according to Swoops strict uniform standards.
- Advanced level of spoken & written English.
- High school diploma.
- Customer service experience considered an asset.
- Must be able to solve problems and make quick decisions in the interest of safety, crew, or traveler needs.
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces.
- Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule.
- Post-secondary education an asset.
Initial Training - $23.96
Qualified* - $26.62
- effective pay period following successful completion of all training & line indoctrination
If you love a challenge, are passionate about what you do and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations - you'll fit right in here. Swoop is looking for self-starters who are eager to be part of our journey in building Canada’s best ultra low cost airline. Our workforce is diverse and inclusive of everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences to get the job done, and do so safely! If you think you have what it takes, apply while these opportunities are still available.