Store Warehouse Associate Markham Major Mackenzie Hwy Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Tire Markham
- Store Warehouse Associate Markham Major Mackenzie Hwy
- Canadian Tire
- Markham ON
- 09 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Canadian Tire Markham urgently required following position for Store Warehouse Associate Markham Major Mackenzie Hwy. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Store Warehouse Associate Markham Major Mackenzie Hwy Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Tire Markham Jobs Details:
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader -
automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Warehouse Associate has a key role in ensuring that products are received, verified, stored, and transported to the sales floor or in the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. Associates are also responsible for keeping the warehouse neat, tidy, and well maintained. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Receives, scans, verifies, and stores all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies.
- Ships returns and completes proper paperwork.
- Provides the team with the necessary supporting processes to enhance the overall customer experience within the store through:
- Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Delivering and assembling merchandise as required.
- Reconciles inventory differences.
- Prepares merchandise for filing, sorts and fills merchandise carts for the retail floor.
- Is responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Processes damaged and returned claims.
- Repairs broken packages as needed.
- Operates computer and scanning tools, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Is responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, skyjack etc.).
- Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products according to established procedures.
- Results-oriented individual.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
- Certification in forklift and skyjack (or scissor lift) is preferred.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Merchandiser, Supervisor, Warehouse Manager and Promotions Manager.
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder and stairs while carrying merchandise.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.