Draftsperson Jobs Vacancy in Meridian Manufacturing Inc Camrose
Meridian Manufacturing Inc Camrose urgently required following position for Draftsperson. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Draftsperson Jobs Vacancy in Meridian Manufacturing Inc Camrose Jobs Details:
Experience the Meridian Employment Advantage!
Meridian Manufacturing Inc. is a family owned company providing a competitive compensation and benefits package with many opportunities for professional growth. Join our team of dedicated employees and great leaders!
Meridian Manufacturing Inc. is North America’s industry leading manufacturer of heavy gauge welded hopper bottom bins for the agricultural, commercial and industrial markets. Meridian also manufactures delivery equipment for bulk seed and a comprehensive line of petroleum and oil field storage tanks. Manufacturing facilities are located in: Winkler, MB; Lethbridge, AB; Camrose, AB; Regina, SK; Cambridge, ONT; and Storm Lake, Iowa. Meridian is a member of The Westman Group of Companies, a dynamic entrepreneurial group of companies also composed of: Behlen Industries LP, Westman Steel Industries, and Canada Culvert.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Draftsperson will be responsible for the development and preparation of engineering designs and drawings using Inventor and ensuring that design drawings conform to specifications and design data. Responsibilities will include the preparation and interpretation of conventional and three dimensional engineering designs, drawings and specifications for use in manufacturing processes.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Operate Inventor and drafting workstations.
- Develop and prepare design sketches.
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets.
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches.
- Operate Inventor equipment or a conventional drafting station.
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports.
- Partner with the Project Management team to ensure that the proper inputs are attained in order to create our manufacturing specifications, and work with the manufacturing team to ensure that we design manufacturing specifications in-line with our manufacturing capabilities.
- Respond quickly to the shop floor's needs in response to addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing specifications, Bill of Material, or routings.
- Participate in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself.
Qualifications and Skills
- College diploma or University degree in engineering design and drafting technology, mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Post-secondary diploma / degree in drafting.
- Trade certification for draftspersons preferred.
- 1-2 years of AutoCAD or Inventor experience including standardized drafting practices.
- 2 years of experience supporting mechanical products and assemblies in a fast paced environment.
- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing oriented environment with MRP/ERP business systems.
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to partner with internal customers in order to develop manufacturing specs effectively.
- Ability to create preliminary designs or conceptualization of design.
- Ability to create freehand sketches / perspectives an asset.
- Ability to create presentation drawings with perspectives using Auto-CAD or Inventor.
- Detail drawings for architecture, structure and electromechanical works.
- Computer proficiency in 2D & 3D Modeling.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Ambition to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole.
- Strong working knowledge of modeling and engineering software packages (Auto-CAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, RISA, etc.).
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanour under stressful situations.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
By submitting your application through email you agree to the following: The information contained on this application is accurate, complete and up-to-date to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentation may disqualify me from employment or be cause for my dismissal. If hired, I agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the Company, including serving an initial probationary period. I provide my consent for this information to be used and/or disclosed in accordance with the Westman Group Privacy Code.
Job Type: Full-time
- Camrose, AB