Senior Communications Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Windsor Detroit Bridge Authority Windsor
Windsor Detroit Bridge Authority Windsor urgently required following position for Senior Communications Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Communications Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Windsor Detroit Bridge Authority Windsor Jobs Details:
The Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) is a federal Crown corporation located in Windsor, Ontario. The WDBA’s mandate is to design, construct, finance, operate and maintain the new Gordie Howe International Bridge between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan. The Gordie Howe International Bridge project is a once-in-a-generation undertaking. Not only will the project deliver much-needed transportation improvements for international travellers, it will also provide jobs and opportunities for growth to the Windsor-Detroit region and includes features that make this project truly distinctive. The project includes four components: a six-lane bridge; a Canadian port of entry (POE); a U.S. POE; and an interchange with U.S. Interstate 75. Managed by the WDBA, the project is being delivered through a public-private partnership (P3). More information about the WDBA can be found at www.wdbridge.com.
Reporting to the Director Communications and Director Stakeholder Relations, the Senior Communications Advisor will play a critical role in enhancing the organizational branding of the Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA). The position is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring communications and marketing plans, programs and activities to promote the image of the organization within the region and communities of Windsor and Detroit and to a variety of stakeholders.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Develops clear, concise and accurate multi-channel/multi-use communications products that are consistent with the organization’s brand and quality expectations such as speeches, presentations, news releases, media response lines, videos, infographics online content, meeting materials, and social media posts and recommends strategies to maximize effectiveness of tools.
- Collaborates with other Communications team members to develop communications plans that will include strategic analysis and establishing goals and objectives, developing priorities, approaches and deadlines, and identifying resource requirements, and work across the organization to provide support on internal stakeholder engagement, strategic direction, media relations, issues management, stakeholder and communications files in response to crisis and sensitive issues.
- Provides advice to senior managers on communications matters, including the potential response to issues from the general public, media and government, political, community and business stakeholders and propose proactive and reactive courses of action.
- Interprets complex technical information into appropriate language for various audiences across various communications channels. Ensures a high level of content availability and quality that meets brand appropriate and best practice standards (photos, field stories, reports, video and impact data) for multi-purpose multichannel use.
- Collaborates with Communications team members and with team members from other departments for the purposes of communications planning and delivery, government reporting, media relations, stakeholder and community relations and issues management.
- Creates and strengthens relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, both in Canada and the United States, seeking opportunities to collaborate and lead on issues of common cause ensuring that all external communications are clear, consistent and handled with tact and maintaining those relationships with appropriate protocol and decorum.
- Monitors stakeholder activities and communications opportunities as well as anticipates and analyzes communications trends and developments and applies this knowledge to the delivery of the strategic corporate communications function. Anticipates and analyzes communications trends and developments, and applies this knowledge to the implementation of strategic corporate communications activities when issues arise.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field from a recognized university
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in Marketing/Communications
- Experience in providing strategic communications advice and recommendations to senior management
- Experience responding to media inquiries and working with the press and social media
- Experience in developing communications products both traditional and new media communications products for a variety of audiences
- Experience working with the public and stakeholders
- Ability to prepare, implement and evaluate communications plans
- Ability to draft traditional and new media based internal and external communications products
- Ability to provide communications advice and recommendations to senior management
- Intermediate Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Premiere skills or other relevant publishing & video editing software
- Advanced MS Word, Intermediate Excel
- Advanced web and social media communications
- Excellent editing and writing skills for print and online
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing while ensuring tact and diplomacy
- Ability to build consensus and drive outcomes
- Sound professional judgement, initiative and the ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple priorities
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong political awareness, judgement and sensitivity
- Relationship management as well as the ability to work independently
- Strategic thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Ontario and Michigan
- Hours of work may include evenings and weekends
- Ability to obtain a Government of Canada Personnel Screening/ Security Clearance
- Salary $87,867 to $107,393 plus benefits and pension package
- Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
Qualified applicants may email their resume up to and including March 2, 2018 . Please quote file #WDBA-063. Resumes must be submitted electronically and will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF format.
Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing/Communications: 7 years