Editor Yukon Mining And Exploration Directory Jobs Vacancy in North Ordinary Media Whitehorse
North Ordinary Media Whitehorse urgently required following position for Editor Yukon Mining And Exploration Directory. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Editor Yukon Mining And Exploration Directory Jobs Vacancy in North Ordinary Media Whitehorse Jobs Details:
Editor - Yukon Mining and Exploration Directory
North of Ordinary Media
Whitehorse, YT Freelance
- Journalism & Media
Monday, Jan. 29, 2018
North of Ordinary Media is looking for an experienced editor to take the helm of the 2018 Yukon Mining and Exploration Directory . This is a client publication that is produced in collaboration with the Yukon Chamber of Mines. The Yukon Mining and Exploration Directory highlights what is happening in the territory's mining and exploration industry and is a member directory resource.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet with Yukon Chamber of Mines to determine publication content.
- Pitch article ideas.
- Research, write, and edit articles for publication.
- Contract writers and photographers for content.
- Prepare all editorial content for print.
- Collect invoices from editorial contributors.
The editor will work with both a project manager and art director with North of Ordinary Media to produce the Yukon Mining and Exploration Directory . This is a temporary freelance contract. All content must be submitted by early April. Final print date is scheduled for April 26, 2018.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in editing and writing, preferably in trade publishing.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the mining and exploration industry.
- Great organizational skills and computer skills.
- Knowledge of ProofMe or other online proofing programs an asset.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well independently.
- Knowledge of print production an asset.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two published writing samples to [email protected] . Interested applicants must apply by Monday, Jan. 29.