Hazardous Waste Information Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ministry The Environment And Climate Change Toronto
Ministry The Environment And Climate Change Toronto urgently required following position for Hazardous Waste Information Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Hazardous Waste Information Officer Jobs Vacancy in Ministry The Environment And Climate Change Toronto Jobs Details:
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will:
- Assist to ensure / the ongoing functionality and reliability of HWIN system and databases
- Design and Implement data quality control and assurance techniques
- Proactively identify and recommend technical updates and systems modifications
- Gather, verify, analyze, and interpret complex data to support the development of policies and procedures and make data accessible
- Assist ministry staff to determine and provide data needed to respond to issues
- Analyze complex HWIN data and summarize findings to help resolve issues and to support policy, program development and enforcement activities.
How do I qualify?
- You know how to formulate database queries to extract and manipulate relational databases and software applications (e.g. Oracle, MS Access, Windows NT, COGNOS, Tableau, word processing and spreadsheet packages)
- You know data processing and related computer systems in a Windows NT/ MS Access environment
- You can extract data, validate and prepare reports that summarizes complex data into actionable information
- You can apply data quality control, assurance, and risk assessment techniques to ensure data integrity
- You can interpret and apply relevant sections of Environmental Protection Act, Regulation 347 (Manifest and Generator Registration) to promote legislative compliance.
- You know the environmental programs and policies related to hazardous waste management (e.g. Industrial waste collection practices, handling, transportation and disposal)
- You have knowledge of the hazardous waste management industries
Communication and Analytical Skills:
- You have proven analytical and evaluative skills to break down and effectively communicate complex information
- You can trouble-shoot and resolve system and report problems
- You write clearly and concisely
- You provide information in a way that is easy to understand
- You demonstrate excellent judgement
- You work well with others
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 125 Resources Rd., Etobicoke, Toronto Region