Parks Labourers Positions Oak Bay Recreation Jobs Vacancy in Recreation Oak Bay Victoria
Recreation Oak Bay Victoria urgently required following position for Parks Labourers Positions Oak Bay Recreation. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Parks Labourers Positions Oak Bay Recreation Jobs Vacancy in Recreation Oak Bay Victoria Jobs Details:
AUXILIARY JOB OPPORTUNITIES
(These are Union positions)
4 Positions: #1 (see below): Performing manual work associated with a variety of tasks related to the maintenance of municipally owned property, community parks, playing fields and other recreation areas generally considered to be for public use and enjoyment.
1 Position: #2 (see below): Refurbishing benches throughout the municipality including sanding, stripping and painting.
1 Position: #3 (see below): Assisting the Greenskeeper with the upkeep of the Par 3 Henderson Golf Course, jogging circuit, wooded and parks areas.
- Prepares and cares for the grounds and playing surfaces throughout the municipality;
- Upkeep and irrigation of parks and boulevards;
- Performs routine tasks such as weeding, watering, cultivating, trimming and cutting of grass;
- Cleans debris and litter from assigned areas;
- Operation of various types of equipment related to the various tasks assigned.
- Experience or training in parks, irrigation, and ground maintenance;
- Valid BC Driver’s License;
- Current Emergency First Aid Certification including CPR-C;
- Provision of a current Police or RCMP Criminal Record check;
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and diplomatic manner;
- Ability to work both as a team member and with minimum supervision.
#1 April 23 to August 24 Hours: 7:00 am–3:30 pm; Monday to Friday
#2 May 28 to August 24 Hours: 7:00 am–3:30 pm; Monday to Friday (Bench Refurbishment)
#3 Mid-March to Mid-November Hours: 4 hours per day; Sat, Sun & Stat Holidays (Greenskeeper Assistant)
Rates : $24.88 per hour + $3.48 per hour in lieu of benefits (2016 rates)
Please submit applications by 4 pm, Tuesday, February 20, 2018 to:
Job Application Drop Box, Recreation Oak Bay
1975 Bee St, Victoria, V8R 5E6; or
by response to this advertisement
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- parks, irrigation and ground maintenance: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Drivers License (Class 5)
- Emergency First Aid and CPR-C