Cashier Jobs Vacancy in Rona Coquitlam
Rona Coquitlam urgently required following position for Cashier. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cashier Jobs Vacancy in Rona Coquitlam Jobs Details:
The Cashier Team Member’s main priority is to provide exceptional assistance and service to all RONA customers. He/ She is responsible to process all customer transactions, ensuring the appropriate front-end procedures are applied at all times. The Cashier Team Member is also responsible for making customers aware of promotions and ensuring all of their needs have been met prior to leaving the store.
Customer service is the number one priority and responsibility for this position. The RONA Service Standards are a critical component for this position. All Cashiers are also expected to follow the WARMTH approach:
- W elcome customers with a smile- make eye contact, offer a friendly greeting and project a professional image of yourself and RONA at all times.
- A dopt a friendly, professional and considerate approach- call customers by their last name, offer Customer Assistance services to all customers, and remain professional at all times, no matter what customers do.
- R espect for protocol, policies and procedures- maintain a neat and tidy workspace, call your Supervisor when required by protocol and consistently follow customer sequence protocols.
- M ake RONA promotions products and services well understood- always speak positively about RONA’s products in front of customers. Know how and when to promote RONA’s services (e.g. Installs) and inform customers of all promotions.
- T* ake charge of customers’ needs and anticipate any source of potential dissatisfaction- be able to answer a variety of potential questions from customers (e.g. store hours, store address, current promotions). Surprise customers with kind gestures that will give them a superb shopping experience. Actively and professionally listen when customers have questions or concerns. Call a Supervisor if you cannot help them.
- H* onestly thank customers and bid them a good day. Invite them to complete the RONA Opinion Survey and sincerely thank them for shopping at RONA.
A sales culture is important to RONA’s continued growth and success. All team members are encouraged to build a strong rapport and understand the project(s) the customer is working on:
- Build strong professional relationships with retail, professional, and commercial customers
- Increase sales and margin with add-on sales for promotional and regular stock items located near the cash registers
- Familiarize yourself with financial targets including sales and margin plans and Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s)
- Understand your part in achieving those targets through use of the service standards – greet customers effectively, propose complimentary items, awareness of product location and promotional items and the commitment to find a solution for every customer
Store Operations and Standards:
There are many facets to running a store operation. It is important to know how your role and actions support an efficient and effective store.
- Operate and process all customer transactions, focus on data integrity, inventory accuracy, and balancing your registers cash, credit, and debit transactions
- Assist in maintaining stock levels, facing merchandise properly and the cleanliness of the front area of the store, including your work station
Training and Development:
You are expected to take an active role in your development at RONA. The company offers a broad selection of training and development programs for all levels of employment including computer assisted and in-class training options. Take initiative and participate in developing your sales and product knowledge skills.
- Participate in regular professional development and training – including computer assisted
Health and Safety:
At RONA, health and safety is a top priority and part of our culture. All employees are expected to review and have a good understanding of RONA’s policies and procedures relating to health and safety. This includes the Employee Handbook, the National Health and Safety Guide, the RONA Code of Ethics and other corporate communications. Everyone at RONA is responsible for working safely.
- Read and review the documentation regularly.
- ALWAYS follow safe work practices, obtain proper training, certification, and use personal protective equipment whenever necessary.
- It is your responsibility to report unsafe work practices or conditions immediately to Store Management.
Job Type: Part-time