Food Service Worker Students Jobs Vacancy in Lapointe Fisher Nursing Home Guelph
Lapointe Fisher Nursing Home Guelph urgently required following position for Food Service Worker Students. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Food Service Worker Students Jobs Vacancy in Lapointe Fisher Nursing Home Guelph Jobs Details:
LaPointe-Fisher is an accredited 92 bed nursing home located in the heart of Guelph. We are a family-orientated and operated LTC Home providing quality and compassionate care and services in our community. We are continually striving for excellence in the provision of such care and services.
POSITION : Food Service Worker (FSW). This position reports to the Food Service Nutrition Manager (FSNM).
- Serves food to residents according to their individual diets and preferences. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists with food preparation of meals.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure. Cleans the cooking, storage, dining and serving areas, as well as equipment. Follows established policies, procedures and standards.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs if required.
- Other duties as assigned by FSNM.
- University student in the Nutrition Program or College student in the Diet Tech program.
- Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate .
- Previous dietary experience is an asset.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work safely by following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting.
- Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Job Type: Casual
Interested applicants may forward their resume no later than April 30, 2018.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Christine Livingstone, Food Service Nutrition Manager
or your resume can be faxed to the attention of Christine Livingstone at 519-821-6021
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- Food Service: 1 year
- Guelph, ON