Receptionist Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City Ottawa Ottawa
City Ottawa Ottawa urgently required following position for Receptionist Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Receptionist Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City Ottawa Ottawa Jobs Details:
Competition Number: 2018-EX-EN-52048980-01
Competition posting date: 2018.02.12
Competition closing date: 2018.02.23
Community & Social Services Department
Long Term Care Services
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
Salary: $26.710 to $31.250 per hour (2018 rates of pay)
- You may initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
Category: Current Opportunities
Employment Group: Administrative/Customer Service
Responsible for providing receptionist service by: answering all incoming calls and inquiries made in person,
courteously and efficiently; providing typing service; and ensuring that office accommodation and equipment
is properly secured after working hours, with an emphasis on resident safety and engagement.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12
A minimum of one (1) year related experience
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a vulnerable sector check to the City of Ottawa’s
Various language requirements, some locations may require English, French or Bilingual competencies
English oral, reading, writing required
French oral, reading, writing required
- Office practices and procedures, including records management
- Computer software applications MS Word, Excel, Electronic Mail
- Office equipment (fax, photocopier)
- Sound knowledge of the branch's programs and structure combined with good knowledge of the
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
- Excellent telephone skills
- Type accurately at 40-60 wpm
- Use tact, discretion and confidentially, combined with reliability and good judgment
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Gather and compile statistical information
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.