Lighting Designer Jobs Vacancy in Smith Andersen Toronto
Smith Andersen Toronto urgently required following position for Lighting Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lighting Designer Jobs Vacancy in Smith Andersen Toronto Jobs Details:
The Toronto office of Smith + Andersen is currently seeking a junior lighting designer. You can’t help but notice the little things, because you know that those small details make a big impact. Simultaneously creative and conscientious, you love thinking outside of the box, but are ultimately able to tie all of your ideas together in a captivating way. Whether you’re presenting to clients, or simply writing them a quick email, you are clear and to the point. Yet it’s still obvious to everyone who works with you that they won’t find anyone more passionate about their career. Whether you’re working with others or solving problems on your own, you love a challenge – taking every opportunity to build a brighter career.
Does this sound like you? If so, here are some of the more detailed responsibilities you can expect in this position:
- Develop lighting concepts for a variety of building types.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Produce lighting floor plans, light fixture schedules and specification documents.
- Develop mounting/aiming details for coordination with the architecture.
- Prepare calculations including light levels and energy usage.
- Prepare power point presentations demonstrating lighting concepts.
- Coordinate light fixtures with lighting controls.
- Review drawings, specifications and shop drawings.
- Stay current with lighting technology and the industry.
- Perform on-site review, measurements mock-ups.
A few more qualifications which will help you with these responsibilities:
- Post-secondary education in Architecture.
- Have a strong interest in lighting
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Proficient with CAD, Powerpoint, Photoshop and Office Suite.
- Have a strong interest in lighting.
- Highly motivated with attention to detail and ability to accept direction.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize own work schedule to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in complex environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients.
For more information about Smith + Andersen, please visit our website at www.smithandandersen.com. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title and office location in the subject line of the email.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided to candidates upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process. Successful applicants will be advised of Smith + Andersen’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen is a trusted Canadian consulting engineering firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, London, Toronto, Ottawa, and Halifax. Founded in 1965, Smith + Andersen has organically grown from an established reputation as trusted mechanical and electrical consultants, reaching new levels of engineering and design excellence in the communications, security and audiovisual fields, and providing enhanced services such as lighting, building automation systems, and intelligent integrated systems design. Thanks to their client-focussed approach, Smith + Andersen is able to apply efficient, sustainable, and reliable design and engineering solutions on the most exciting projects across Canada. From fully-integrated hospitals and welcoming schools, to healthy workplaces and secure transit stations, their team has established lasting relationships with public and private sector clients across the country.