Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Jobs Vacancy in Digestive Health Clinic Richmond Hill
Digestive Health Clinic Richmond Hill urgently required following position for Medical Device Reprocessing Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Jobs Vacancy in Digestive Health Clinic Richmond Hill Jobs Details:
The MDRTis responsible for sterilizing items in the Clinic that need decontamination. The technician will process, clean, assemble, package, store and sterilize instruments, equipment, and trays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reprocesses surgical instruments in preparation for sterilization including: disassembling (where appropriate), manual washing, ultrasonic washing, and quality assurance checks such as functionality and cleanliness.
- Repackages and sterilizes instruments.
- Adheres to strict use of Personal Protective Equipment(PPE)
- Follows proper Standard Precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
- Maintains an understanding of the dynamics of sterilization and an ability to operate the in-house sterilizers according to manufacturers standards.
- Obtains understanding of and adheres to Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Handles and transports sterile supplies.
- Interacts with operating room personnel to ensure appropriate equipment are processed.
- Transports soiled surgical instruments and equipment, while ensuring infection control standards are followed.
- Maintains compliance with DHC Standard Operative Protocols as established by Canadian Standards Association, College of Physicians of Ontario, and Cancer Care Ontario.
- Orders, restocks, and decontaminates sterilization equipment and instruments.
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing room.
- High school diploma.
- certificate program in central service and sterile processing. MDRAO preferred but will accept Centennial College, Fanshaw, and Olympus University (CERT course only).
- Training and educational courses in the field cover medical terminology, equipment management, sterilization and aseptic techniques, an asset.
- Other certificate programs including computer, professional development or lab courses, an asset.
Notice: Digestive Health Clinic is committed to integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation can be made available to all candidates upon request. We will work with all employees to accommodate their accessibility needs.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.50 to $17.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Medical Device Reprocessing