Office Captain Just For Laughs Jobs Vacancy in Just For Laughs Montréal
Just For Laughs Montréal urgently required following position for Office Captain Just For Laughs. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Captain Just For Laughs Jobs Vacancy in Just For Laughs Montréal Jobs Details:
Just for Laughs is looking for a Public Relations Office Captain to join their team for the 2018 Montreal Festival. The PR Office Captain will assist the PR Manager with administrative responsibilities and confirm media accreditation with journalists; ensuring all changes and coverage expectations are clear. The role of the PR Office Captain is to oversee the PR team and help keep things organized within the department, manage the media site and update daily, and review daily highlights with the team.
Duration: 2 Months, starting June 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
The role of the PR Office Captain is crucial to the success of the Public Relations team, as they keep things organized and up to date for the entire department, as well as efficiently manage the daily schedules both internally and externally for all media relations and photographers. The office captain is also in charge of notifying all venue managers daily of any media accredited for shows that evening and properly cataloguing each outlet in the master docket.
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Submit payroll invoices, collect and sort petty cash receipts for PR Manager
- Oversee press team move into the Hyatt Press Office
- Includes working with JFL I.T. to ensure computers and phones have been ordered; scheduled for set up. Oversee the set up to ensure everyone is up and running.
- Manage media accreditation applications and update the media site daily.
- PR Driver Docket – Review daily travel schedules with Publicists to ensure driver is scheduled accordingly.
- Arrange passes and implement system for check-in, including General Talent welcome letters.
- Deal with press enquiries, directing them to appropriate Publicists for follow up.
- Work alongside Ticket Coordinator to manage and sort ticket distribution
- Daily meeting to review the ticket distribution for the day of; and next day’s agenda.
- Manage media desk assignments between interns and ticket coordinator.
- Manage PR Press Clippings Coordinator, and ensure interns are managed; assisting both coordinators daily.
- Review daily report before it is sent to PR Manager for final approval.
- Assist the PR Manager in compiling press reports for programmers, directors, COOS and funders.
- Help organize the press microsite (Dropbox) for media to gain access to all talent’s headshots, bios, high res festival images, available video clips.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree (or current student) in marketing and/or communications;
- Experience in PR, marketing, and/or event management;
- Above average organization and schedule proficiency;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication, with copywriting skills;
- Problem solving skills and ability to work in fast paced environment;
- Capacity to work for long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information
- The ability to work with various levels of talent, press, and media outlets;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete design projects in a timeline manner;
- Incredible time management skills, combined with the ability to execute last minute details;
- Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, April 13th 2018