Indigenous Curriculum Specialist Jobs Vacancy in University College The North The Pas
University College The North The Pas urgently required following position for Indigenous Curriculum Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Indigenous Curriculum Specialist Jobs Vacancy in University College The North The Pas Jobs Details:
UCN requires an Indigenous Curriculum Specialist at The Pas Campus. The Indigenous Curriculum
Specialist will be the primary academic resource within UCN to assist faculty members to incorporate Indigenous
epistemologies into their professional practice in a variety of ways, including: supporting the inclusion of Indigenous
content and context, as well as teaching and learning methods and perspectives, in the classroom; mentoring teaching,
learning and research in Indigenous andragogy and related areas; and supporting faculty members as they integrate
Indigenous worldviews with Western perspectives. The Indigenous Curriculum Specialist will support and work
collaboratively with faculty, staff, Elders, external organizations and communities to ensure that both face-to-face and
technology-mediated programs, courses and specific curricula offered by UCN reflect Indigenous and northern
philosophies, values, traditions, languages and teaching methodologies in alignment with UCN’s strategic direction.
The Indigenous Curriculum Specialist will also recommend academic structures and processes by which students can
experience their post-secondary education in alignment with their own lives, worldviews, and goals.
- A Master’s (minimum) degree from an appropriately accredited institution, with a focus on teaching,
development, pedagogy and teaching methodology that can bridge western and Indigenous world views
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a post-secondary environment (must include 2 years’ at a
- Knowledge and experience conducting research
educational practices, authentic assessment, intellectual property, collaborative and integrative learning
- Demonstrated professional practice, including: research skills; writing and presentation skills; ability to
leadership skills, and managing for results and dealing with change
- Demonstrated competencies with effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to create meaningful and authentic engagement, based on knowledge of cultural
influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern Manitoba
• Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultures
- A Ph.D. degree (preferred) from an appropriately accredited institution in a combination of the areas listed
- A progressive record of demonstrated scholarly and interdisciplinary interactions
• The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate in their cover letter and their resume how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Applicants are invited to
indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with
disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to
apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 18-014
Closing Date: February 26, 2018; however, will remain open until filled
Salary Range: $37.68 to $47.57 hourly, plus remoteness allowance