Attendance Support Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in District School Board Niagara St. Catharines
District School Board Niagara St. Catharines urgently required following position for Attendance Support Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Attendance Support Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in District School Board Niagara St. Catharines Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Wellness and Support Services Administrator, the Attendance Support Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of consistent attendance management practices across the Board. The successful applicant will collect and analyze absenteeism data, identify employees who exceed the attendance management threshold level of absence, contact the employee’s supervisor, participate in the Attendance Management process as required, meet with employees and supervisors as appropriate, provide support and assistance to employees to attend work regularly and provide support to supervisors/principals as needed.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for the management of non-work related disability claims including early intervention, accommodations and return to work, working closely with employees, supervisors/administrators, Unions and health care providers to provide employees with a safe and timely transition that allows them to either remain at, or return to work.
Primary duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the Board’s Attendance Management Program;
- Medical absence claims management, including documentation of all file-related activities into Parklane Absence Management System;
- Management of WSIB claims including development, negotiation and implementation of Return to Work Plans;
The preferred candidate will demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- Superior leadership, interpersonal counselling and communication skills, including problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Relationship building and promotion of a collaborative culture with all Board staff and Unions/Federations;
- Thorough knowledge of Board Administrative Policies and Procedures, Collective Agreements, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Act, Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPA), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), other related employment laws and regulations.
- A University degree or three-year Community College Diploma, or qualifications deemed equivalent by the Board.
- Preference will be given to applicants who hold Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) qualifications (or are RRP eligible) and/or Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) designation from the National Institute of Disability Management and Research.
This position is part of the Board’s Administrative Management Group
Salary: $51,146 per annum
This is a full-time temporary position (35 hours per week) within the Board’s Administrative Management group.
Applications including cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be submitted via email,attention Human Resources Department,by Friday, May 18, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Please reference Attendance Support Coordinator in the subject line.
Applicants are thanked for making known their interest in working for the District School Board of Niagara.
Only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted with respect to this advertisement.
Warren Hoshizaki Dale Robinson
Director of Education Board Chair
The District School Board of Niagara is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We will offer accommodation for applicants as required throughout the stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted by the District School Board of Niagara regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Information relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,146.00 /year