Brake Operator Jobs Vacancy in Russel Metals Prince George
Russel Metals Prince George urgently required following position for Brake Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Brake Operator Jobs Vacancy in Russel Metals Prince George Jobs Details:
Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers and suppliers primarily in Canada, the United States, and on occasion worldwide. The Company operates in three business segments: service centre distribution, energy sector pipe, tube, valve and fitting distribution and steel import/export distribution. We provide steel processing and distribution services to a broad base of approximately 18, 000 end users through a network of 70 North American branches.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Brake Operator within our Prince George, BC - Plate Processing Branch. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Plant Supervisor.
• Ensure safe procedures are followed while performing job responsibilities
• Comply with workplace policies and procedures (operational and health and safety)
• Program, set up, and operate press brake while following safe work procedures and practices
• Read and interpret customer blueprints and lay out material for braking parts
• Form products within established tolerances and to customer specifications
• Perform in house quality checks as required
• Maintain an organized inventory and performs inventory counts as required
• Handle heavy material using overhead cranes, forklifts or other material handling equipment in a safe and responsible manner while loading/unloading the machine
• Perform daily preventative maintenance checks and reports any unsafe processes or equipment
• Work with the Scheduling Department to ensure that daily production and on time requirements are met
• Perform other duties that may be assigned
Education and skills required
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Able to work shift work including weekends
• Good knowledge of math and measurements
• Self motivated, results oriented
• Ability to program and operate a press brake with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of materials and their respective forming characteristics such as formability and bend allowances.
• Experienced in drawing interpretation with both Imperial and Metric measurement systems
• Understanding of ISO quality system and its impact on day to day forming operations and the ability to inspect parts and document results accurately
• Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills in a fast paced environment.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to supervise trainee operators or helpers as required
• Physically able to work with heavy material on a consistent basis
• 1-2 years previous experience is an asset
• Forklift Operator’s license
• Basic knowledge of computers
Interested applicants are invited to apply directly to:
David Robertson via email at email@example.com