Community Support Associate Jobs Vacancy in City London London
City London London urgently required following position for Community Support Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Support Associate Jobs Vacancy in City London London Jobs Details:
Reports to Manager(s) or designate. Based on a defined set of criteria, determines initial and continuing eligibility for persons in receipt of Community Support Programs (Child Care Fee Subsidy, Discretionary Benefits). Completes necessary supporting documentation.
- Interviews applicants for assistance for Child Care Fee Subsidy and Discretionary Benefits.
- Completes all necessary Provincial and Municipal forms in compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant legislation such as sections of the Day Nurseries Act, the Ontario Works Act and the Ontario Disability Support Program Act, applicable regulations, supplements and guidelines, municipal policies and business practices and community resources.
- Based on a defined set of criteria, reviews and assesses income, assets and other pre-defined information to establish initial and continuing program eligibility and issues program specific financial assistance.
- Ensures proper documentation is received, reviewed and recorded to verify initial and ongoing eligibility of clients for Child Care and/or Discretionary Benefits Program funding in accordance with defined legislation and guidelines. Processes all necessary computer and file documentation.
- Monitors caseload to determine ongoing program eligibility, updates and documents files and takes appropriate action.
- Communicates with clients and/or their representatives regarding eligibility and entitlement.
- Organizes and maintains client files.
- Provides referral information regarding other social services in the community.
- Compiles statistical data and gathers information internally and externally as required.
- Performs various administrative functions including scheduling appointments, processing and reconciling invoices, maintaining client files and processing recoveries and overpayments.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
One year of a two year Community College Human Services Diploma.
Six months to one year related experience.
Specialized Training and Licenses
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and various software packages.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
$36,095 - $52,844 (Level 7)
This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis up to 15 weeks.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm.
These hours of work are subject to change in accordance with the Collective Agreement and may include evening hours and Saturdays.
NOTE: Applicants may be required to complete a job related test.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check (PIC), dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).