Mechanical Design Technician Jobs Vacancy in Aurora Cannabis Inc Nisku
Aurora Cannabis Inc Nisku urgently required following position for Mechanical Design Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Design Technician Jobs Vacancy in Aurora Cannabis Inc Nisku Jobs Details:
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora’s operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
Sitting at a projected 800,000 square feet, Aurora Sky will be one of the world's largest and most technologically advanced cannabis production facilities ever built. The Sky project is a highly automated hybrid-greenhouse built using the expertise of Aurora’s extensive cannabis experience while utilizing advanced Dutch engineering principles.
MECHANICAL DESIGN TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the Industrial Designer, the Mechanical Design Technician is responsible for the following:
- Assist in Aurora engineering activities including design, development, production and testing
- Follow and discuss project specifications, work requirements, timelines and related project costs
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings using Solidworks software
- Preform computer aided part and design analysis
- Effectively communicate project status updates to project manager
- Research, develop and review designs for equipment and machines
- Research new technology, suppliers, concepts and/or Cannabis related products
- Record and track project related data for internal processing and grant applications
- Test products and processes and evaluate results to identify problems and estimate cost of resolutions
- Lead, teach and oversee co-op students and/or interns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2+ years of consumer product design or production experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering or related industry experience
- 5+ years of related industrial or commercial experience
- Extensive knowledge in part design and fabrication (machining, welding, injection molding, etc.)
- Knowledge of the ACMRP, Medicinal Cannabis devices, equipment and products
- Background in quality management systems, ISO, CSA, ASTM, FDA and GMP
- Experience and passion for Cannabis is a plus
- Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary nation-wide team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- 3D modeling and drawing detailing
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with multiple software, devices and platforms
- Problem solving and analysis
- Strategic thinking
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time