Administrative Support Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Minist Des Services Sociaux Communautaires Kingston
Minist Des Services Sociaux Communautaires Kingston urgently required following position for Administrative Support Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Support Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Minist Des Services Sociaux Communautaires Kingston Jobs Details:
What can I expect to do in this role?As a customer service provider and member of the program delivery team, you will:
- provide clerical and administrative support services to the team;
- greet visitors, answer incoming calls and respond to electronic inquiries;
- sort and distribute incoming mail;
- establish and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- validate, assess and determine the release of social assistance payments;
- make bank deposits, accepting/tracking cheques/money orders for repayments/reimbursements;
- coordinate and maintain team schedules and calendars;
- utilize databases, to gather/enter client information and data for reports and assignments.
How do I qualify?
Administrative, Clerical and Financial Skills:
- You demonstrate knowledge of administrative office procedures, practices and routine office equipment to provide support in a fully automated environment using online databases to input /access client information.
- You demonstrate knowledge of financial processes and analytical skills to validate, calculate and determine appropriate benefit entitlements.
- You can provide financial payment/reimbursement processing and monitoring services.
- You can use software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and electronic mail to produce reports, forms, letters and payments.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have verbal and written communication skills to clearly and concisely respond to in-person and electronic program inquiries from the public.
- You demonstrate interpersonal and listening skills to elicit information and support team members.
- You have interpersonal skills to interact with the public, to collaborate in a team driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met.
Customer Service Skills:
- You have proven customer service skills to effectively deal with a high volume of clients with disabilities, in person, by telephone and through electronic communication.
- You are able to understand and apply the regulations, policies and guidelines governing the ODSP in order to respond to enquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- You are aware of and sensitive to issues facing people with disabilities and those living with fixed or low income.
Judgement and Organizational Skills:
- You are able to organize and coordinate workflow, assess priorities and meet deadlines.
- You have demonstrated experience working in a team environment, proposing solutions and/or making suggestions for optimal use of resources, sharing decision making with co-workers to prioritize tasks and workloads to ensure operational requirements are met.
- 1 Permanent, 1479 John Counter Blvd, Kingston, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.