Customer Service Representative Jobs Vacancy in City Ottawa Ottawa
City Ottawa Ottawa urgently required following position for Customer Service Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Customer Service Representative Jobs Vacancy in City Ottawa Ottawa Jobs Details:
Position: Customer Service Representative
Competition Number: 2018-EX-EN-52038526-01
Competition posting date: 2018.02.06
Competition closing date: 2018.02.21
Transportation Services Department,Transit Customer Systems & Planning, Customer Services Branch Multiple full-time and part-time temporary Positions - 35 hours/week and 17.50 hours/week Affiliation: ATU 1760 Salary: $43,658.16 to $61,929.14 annually (2017 rates of pay) Salary: $23.988 to $34.027 per hour (2017 rates of pay) Location: Transit Service, 1500 St.Laurent
Category: Current Opportunities Employment Group: Transportation
Responsible for providing transit (conventional and para) customer services including:
- responding to customer enquiries, complaints and/or feedback and providing information through various channels, including but not limited to: telephone, in person, on-line, (web, social media) and in writing
- processing financial transactions for fare instruments and other products/services - receiving and processing transportation requests and registration for Para Transpo service
Education & Experience
Successful completion of grade 12.
Two (2) years of relevant experience in a customer service environment, providing service to the public by telephone, in person, in writing and electronically such as a call centre and/or counter service operations.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency: French oral, reading, writing required English oral, reading, writing required Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Public transit system, procedures and policies, branch and departmental responsibilities - Call-handling protocols / etiquette - Problem-solving and customer service practices and strategies related to serving the public - Fares/fare eligibility
- City cash handling procedures and policies, operation of a cash register, balancing cash and preparing daily deposits
- City of Ottawa geography, and transit routes and schedules - Computer applications and databases such as: Microsoft office, Internet, SAP - Filing and information systems - Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights & duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Work independently and in a team setting - High level of judgement, tact, diplomacy and problem-solving skills - Organize, plan, multi-task and prioritize work - Customer service sensitivity to meet diverse customer requirements - Able to write detailed, concise and accurate descriptions of customer interactions including complaints - Able to prepare written information including correspondence and reports in an organized, clear and
concise manner - Ability to listen, probe, and tactfully respond to client enquiries and complaints - Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills - Possess strong data entry, keyboarding and information retrieval skills - Possess good presentation / public speaking skills - Ability to read, interpret and explain operating rules / procedures, maps and timetables - Able to account for and report sales revenue
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the " Apply " button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.