Building Sciences Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Jll Toronto
Jll Toronto urgently required following position for Building Sciences Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Building Sciences Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Jll Toronto Jobs Details:
A person knowledgeable in Building Sciences to support JLL’s Commissioning & Building Analytics team, to monitor, review and execute all facets of Building Envelope Commissioning. In addition, the candidate will provide technical and management functions throughout the design, pre-construction, construction and post construction phases of projects, as well as liaise with team members, outside consultants and contractors and be an integral member of cross functional teams on various projects. The candidate will protect JLL's contractual position and ensure our work meets contracted requirements.
The candidate must have an architectural background with strong knowledge of how major building envelope systems and details are designed and perform. The candidate preferably has experience with such systems as found on large projects such as Hospitals, Commercial Office Buildings, and Data Centres. In addition, the candidate must have technical and practical experience with building science/envelope activities such as Thermographic imaging, blow-door tests, water tests, etc.
A particular focus and knowledge in building envelope assemblies and components that now form part of emerging needs in the commissioning process, including:
Common building envelope components, such as:
air & vapour barriers;
waterproofing & water shedding (e.g., flashings, rain screens, drip edges);
insulation & acoustic barriers; and
all joints, junctions, and interfacing elements including
rough openings and tie-ins;
hardware and operable seals;
all control joints and movement joints within or between assemblies;
window/wall/roof connections; and
active/passive shading devices.
below-grade assemblies, including
perimeter drainage systems.
exterior wall assemblies, including
spandrel panels (including insulation) and cladding;
backup walls (e.g., concrete blocks, stud walls with sheathing, insulated concrete forms);
active/passive shading devices;
fenestration (i.e., all openings in the building envelope)
roofing assemblies and components, including
penetrations (e.g., access hatches, mechanical connections, roof drains);
protective coatings, membranes, ballasts and flashings;
insulation, decking, walkways; and
growing media (e.g., green roofs).
Document Development & Administration
The candidate will manage front to back, all project documentation requirements. The intent is to be accountable for the preparation, review, and issuance of same, and though these tasks may be delegated, there will be a need to personally prepare them to meet the required timelines.
The candidate will manage front to back, all of the field activity components. This includes scheduling and coordinating the JLL team members accordingly, ensuring our requirements are fulfilled by the contractor and relevant sub trades, and maximizing efficiency/productivity of our staff.
- Fee management
- Time/Productivity management
- Conflict Resolution
- Quality management
- Provide Clients with value
- Assist the team in meeting the demanding workload
Desired Skills & Experience
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering or Technical Diploma in Building Sciences or Architecture
- OAA and/or P.Eng. and/or Commissioning specific designation
- 10 years of relevant and progressive experience in construction (both field and office).
- LEED and/or PMP accreditation would be an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; effective at delivering difficult messages with tact and diplomacy
- A proactive and perceptive outlook to achieve results.
- Team Player attitude and the ability to be a Self-Starter
- Effective problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills with the ability to influence others
- Effective prioritization skills with proven success in managing multiple priorities with varying deadlines
- A strong capability for identifying, assessing and managing both risks and opportunities
- An ability to collaborate, consult and build strong relationships
- Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and to embrace change
- An ability to complete mid-sized, multi-faceted projects from start to finish
- The ability to conduct regular site visits as required, including climbing ladders, exposed to noise, dust and/or external elements.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .