Head Library Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal
Mcgill University Montréal urgently required following position for Head Library Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Library Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Mcgill University Montréal Jobs Details:
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, oversees the day-to-day operations of a library circulation department. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training. Develops procedures and make recommendations to improve unit efficiency. Acts as resource person, resolves problems, instructs others and provides technical advice. Maintains records. Processes library materials and interlibrary loan requests.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Oversees the day-to-day operations of a library circulation department. Establishes priorities and schedules of projects.
- Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training.
- Participates in the development and implementation of projects, work methods and procedures. Makes recommendations to improve unit efficiency including recommendations on staff requirements.
- Acts as resource person, resolves problems and instructs others. Provides technical guidance and assistance concerning work methods, the use of equipment and techniques.
- Receives payments and issues receipts. Maintains a cash register and prepares deposits. Ensures the printing and mailing of overdue notices. Conducts recalls.
- Provides basic reference service, such as demonstrating the routine use of the public catalogue and other finding aids. Assists users in locating library materials by performing simple title, author, subject and keyword searches.
- Processes loan, returns, renewals and holds of library materials. Issues borrowing cards.
- Provides information concerning general library policies, procedures, and the location of library resources. Contacts users concerning matters such as overdues and the arrival of holds. Monitors compliance with library regulations.
- Compiles data. Prepares reports. Analyzes and discusses results and their interpretation with others. Maintains records and files.
- Locates, collects, sorts and shelves library materials. Conducts inventory, shelf reading, and collection-shifting projects as required. Performs searches for library materials.
- Receives interlibrary loans requests. Verifies availability and location of items. Retrieves and prepares items for loan or forwards requests to appropriate institution.
- Assists in the selection and scheduling of staff, and approves time sheets for payment of casuals.
- Retrieves, processes and arranges reserve materials.
- Makes reservations for use of conference rooms and other library resources. Assigns study space.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Education & Experience:
DEP (Office Systems)
Four (4) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
High level of interpersonal skills.Demonstrated client-focus and service-orientation.Strong problem solving, diplomacy skills.Ability to take initiative, think creatively.Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task with the ability to prioritize and meet regular and on-going deadlines.Experience in planning meetings and events. Attention to detail.Demonstrated ability to clearly transmit and receive information both in writing and verbally.Knowledge of basic accounting principles, such as expense reports.Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, databases, e-mail and internet.English and French, spoken and written.
McGill University Libraries
This assignment will be at the Schulich Library of Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Engineering. Evening and weekend work may be required.
How To Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to McGill University Libraries:
McGill University, Libraries, Area Personnel Office
3459 McTavish Street (McLennan Library Building)
application.library [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is May 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, McGill University Libraries will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN EIGHT (8) WORKING DAYS OF THE DATE OF PUBLICATION.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification.
Library Clerk Casual List Jobs Vacancy in Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Library Clerk Casual List position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 15 May, 2018. Posting Title Library Clerk - Casual List. Reporting to the Program Head at Prince Albert Campus Library, the Library Clerk is responsible for providing... ... Continue reading -->
Library Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Coca Moncton. Coca Moncton opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Library Clerk position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 23 May, 2018. Consistent kneeling, squatting and reaching above the head. Working for the World's biggest brand is no small thing.... ... Continue reading -->
Public Service Clerk Glen Elm Branch Part Time Term Jobs Vacancy in Regina Public Library Regina. Regina Public Library Regina opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Public Service Clerk Glen Elm Branch Part Time Term position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 25 May, 2018. Maintains and repairs library materials. Register borrowers, check-out and check-in of library. Under the direction of the unit head, the Public Service Clerk... ... Continue reading -->
Public Service Clerk Outreach Part Time Term Jobs Vacancy in Regina Public Library Regina. Regina Public Library Regina opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Public Service Clerk Outreach Part Time Term position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 25 May, 2018. Maintains and repairs library materials. Register borrowers, check-out and check-in of library. Under the direction of the unit head, the Public Service Clerk... ... Continue reading -->
Manager Jobs Vacancy in New Brunswick Public Library Service Des Biblioth Ques Publiques Nouveau Fredericton. New Brunswick Public Library Service Des Biblioth Ques Publiques Nouveau Fredericton opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Manager position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 23 May, 2018. Biblio Bike Driver/ Library Clerk 2. Fredericton Public Library. Fredericton Public Library Downtown. In addition, he/she will perform general library duties by... ... Continue reading -->