Community Support Worker Jobs Vacancy in Lifetime Networks Victoria
Lifetime Networks Victoria urgently required following position for Community Support Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Support Worker Jobs Vacancy in Lifetime Networks Victoria Jobs Details:
Community Support Worker 2017
Lifetime Networks is a not for profit society that offers support to people with developmental disabilities, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and disabilities under the Autism Spectrum. We see a future where people with disabilities live safely in their communities, where they can fulfill their potential and enjoy lifelong friendships and support.
Ensures the well-being of individuals in the program and promotes their development. Key components of this job include assisting the individuals to meet their educational, social, recreational, and emotional goals in a manner that promotes their increased independence and inclusion as contributing members of their community. Addresses the physical and behavioural support needs of individuals in a manner that is respectful and follows Lifetime Networks policies and procedures.
The Community Support Worker reports directly to the Manager and the individual’s family
- Assessment of participants’ strengths and preferences in relation to their independence and inclusion within the community. Provide assessment of opportunities for independence and inclusion based on strengths and abilities. Identification of potential support needs in relation to achieving independence and community inclusion.
- Provide participants with education/skill training that will further independence and develop their ability to contribute to their community. Training areas to be addressed may include transportation training, social/communication skill development and work skill acquisition.
- Identify and set up opportunities for adults to develop skills in activities of interest to them – that meet their identified goals.
- Identify social, recreational and learning opportunities in the community that will meet the individual’s needs and match their individual interests. Develop and set up opportunities for individuals to participate in community through initiatives such as volunteering, working on joint projects with other community groups, etc.
- Provide emotional support to individuals and monitor their well-being. Provide positive support and feedback. Provide participants with a positive role model, Advocate with the individual in support of their inclusion in the community.
- Post- secondary certification related to support for people with developmental disabilities or related experience
- Experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities
- Experience organizing programs and objectives
- Experience implementing programs to achieve objectives
- Class 5 driver license and willingness to drive in the Greater Victoria area
Job Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal reporting skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach and work effectively with others in both group and one to one setting
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively within the community
- Knowledge of documenting and monitoring the progress of individuals
- Good organization, time and general management skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively and respectfully address the physical support needs of individuals
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to use positive behaviour supports
- Demonstrated ability to write accurate Critical Incident Reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety standards and practices
Hours and Compensation: Monday 9:30- 3:00pm Hours may vary depending on the needs of the individual.
$17.51 per hour to start
$17.87 after a four-month probation .
Job Type: Part-time
- Support Care: 1 year
- Victoria, BC
Required license or certification:
- Class 5 Drivers License