Ohs Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Lakeridge Health
Lakeridge Health urgently required following position for Ohs Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ohs Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Lakeridge Health Jobs Details:
Position: Occupational Health & Safety Specialist
Program: Occupational Health & Safety
Location: Lakeridge Health Oshawa
Status: Full Time; 8 Hour Day Shifts
Salary: $33.805 to $42.774 per hour
Posting #: UNEX 1800000597
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the leadership of the Director, OHS, and in conjunction with the Senior Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Specialist, the OHS Specialist role plans, develops and implements Occupational Health and Safety Programs for Lakeridge Health.
This role also contributes to OHS Safety policy and procedure development and review, OHS promotion, recognition and new employee orientation, JOHSC compliance monitoring and support, OHS Training/Education, Staff Incident review and analysis, and prevention plans/records processes. The role will liaise with management, unions, and external agencies, including the Ministry of Labour, OHA, etc. The role will also be required to inform of OHS purchasing activities, and participate in of Ministry of Labour and WSIB Safety Group reporting and inspection requirements.
- College or University graduate in Occupational Health and Safety and/or Industrial Hygiene and/or Ergonomics (and a combination of several years of related experience and education);
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation or Canadian Registered Occupational Hygienist designation an asset;
- 3 years or more experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Ergonomics and/or Industrial Hygiene role, preferably in a healthcare setting;
- Advanced knowledge of legislation and regulations covering Occupational Health and Safety (e.g. OHSA, Healthcare and Residential Facilities Regulation, Designated Substances etc.) and Ergonomics;
- Experience in a construction environment, preferred;
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven consultation, interpretative and investigative skills;
- Ability to organize work and set priorities, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate departmental goals and objectives;
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain programs;
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to analyse information needs critically and logically;
- Ability to translate knowledge into practical application;
- Ability to foster positive relationships with others; work effectively with clients, public and supervisors;
- Ability to formulate long range plans
- Ability to set, interprets, and apply policies, regulations and directives;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, work well under the pressure of deadlines, show good judgement, persuasiveness and discretion, show flexibility and initiative;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Compassion, Innovation, Courage and Trust;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and,
- Proven good attendance record and ability to maintain same standard.
This position is open to all qualified staff throughout Lakeridge Health.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with Lakeridge Health's policies and procedures.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.