Personal Lines Underwriter Jobs Vacancy in Burns Wilcox Canada Toronto
Burns Wilcox Canada Toronto urgently required following position for Personal Lines Underwriter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Personal Lines Underwriter Jobs Vacancy in Burns Wilcox Canada Toronto Jobs Details:
Join Burns & Wilcox as an Underwriter in our Toronto office, located downtown in the Bay-Adelaide Centre. We are looking for a driven, results-oriented, team-player to join our dynamic company. This is a great opportunity to work alongside experts, develop client relationships, and grow a career and a book of business to support our ambitious growth goals.
- Develop and execute marketing plans to drive new and renewal business, including in-person visits, telemarketing and distribution of marketing materials for insurance company partners
- Evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing
- Develop and submit underwriting referrals, where required, to company brokerage facilities and Burns & Wilcox management
- Monitor key metrics, such as, new business hit ratio, renewal retention ratio, premium growth, and loss ratio, formulating corrective action where necessary
- Mentor and train Assistant Underwriters as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of multi-line underwriting experience, excess & surplus experience preferred
- Strong sales and marketing skills a must, business acumen, interest in continued education and professional development
- Insurance license, CIP, CRM, FCIP, CPCU, CIC or comparable designations preferred.
- Competitive base compensation & highly lucrative sales incentive bonus plan
- Health benefits
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
- Many opportunities for career advancement
- You’re a go-getter and results oriented. You set ambitious goals and track your performance metrics.
- You’re passionate about learning. You have a unique opportunity to work alongside our nationwide experts to gain a wide exposure to insurance trends.
- You’re passionate about growing something that is bigger than yourself. This is an opportunity to be part of creating the largest Managing General Agent in Canada!
- You’re adaptable and a master multi-tasker. Our industry is fast-paced and ever changing.
- You’re a mentor. Our office has a collaborative atmosphere where learning from others and teaching others is important.
- You’re professional and client-oriented. We service clients across the globe and take pride in our corporate work environment and reputation.
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates who are passionate about learning alongside experts, growing their careers, and interested in developing client relationships while growing a book of business.
Burns & Wilcox Canada is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence with a view to providing integration and equal opportunities for all. Burns & Wilcox Canada welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs in accordance with the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Recruiter or contact our Human Resources department at HRCanada@burns-wilcox.ca or 416.774.2477. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.About Our Company
Burns & Wilcox is the nation’s largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman’s son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.