Advisor Innovation Transformation Jobs Vacancy in City Brampton Brampton
City Brampton Brampton urgently required following position for Advisor Innovation Transformation. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Advisor Innovation Transformation Jobs Vacancy in City Brampton Brampton Jobs Details:
ADVISOR, INNOVATION & TRANSFORMATION
Reference #: 102826
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Manager, Innovation & Transformation, oversees Building Division process improvements and projects. Thinking from a broader, City wide, perspective from inception and using innovative and leading edge development; the Advisor will be involved from beginning to end. The Advisor is responsible for overall project planning, direction of project resources and deployment using exceptional leadership and change management skills.
- Attend, participate in and schedule as needed team meetings to determine the scope of projects, key deliverables and project updates
- Collaborate with business leaders and staff in the identification of solutions for business challenges and process improvements
- Assist the Manager in development of business cases
- Lead in the development of project charters, plans, budgets, resourcing strategies and key performance indicators
- Perform research, prepare reports and make recommendations related to project developments
- Manage and track project progress, risks and issues and take action as needed, in consultation with the Leadership team when appropriate
- Develop and provide status reports to the Manager and project team
- Lead client working sessions focusing on solutions, requirements, deployment and follow up
- Working with the project team evaluate the success of the project and provide suggestions for tweaking processes if necessary
MANAGEMENT AND TEAM LEADERSHIP SUPPORT
- Assist the Manager in providing guidance and leadership to Building Division Staff and Management regarding projects.
- Assist with the planning, prioritization and distribution of stages of workloads pertaining to projects
- Provide guidance to project staff including technical and procedural advice
- Provide review of deliverables and project status.
- Ensure appropriate stakeholders are included and on board with process improvements
- Oversee and monitor verbal and written responses to inquiries to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Provide professional customer service and conflict resolution in situations that may involve differing points of view
- Exercise tact, discretion and persuasive reasoning
- Liaise and foster effectual working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Convey goals and objectives clearly and produce clear status reports
- Develop engagement and communication plans as needed
- Co-ordinate communications with Divisional Managers and Corporate Communications staff
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Communications or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in developing and implementing business process improvement solutions within complex organizations, preferably in a union environment.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience an asset.
- PMP Certification
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills and experience.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- A valid, non-probationary Ontario class G license and use of own vehicle.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. To hear more of what our employees have to say, watch our Join Our Team Video. For some insight on Brampton’s future watch our Planning Vision Video by renowned Planner Larry Beasley.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by: February 25, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com quoting reference #102826 by February 25, 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.