Consulting Systems Engineer Solutions Architect Ottawa Jobs Vacancy in Cisco Ottawa
- Consulting Systems Engineer Solutions Architect Ottawa
- Ottawa ON
- 08 Nov, 2017 30+ days ago
Cisco Ottawa urgently required following position for Consulting Systems Engineer Solutions Architect Ottawa. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Consulting Systems Engineer Solutions Architect Ottawa Jobs Vacancy in Cisco Ottawa Jobs Details:
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Cisco’s Data Center offerings have taken the industry by storm. Cisco’s Unified Compute Systems and Hyperconverged have seen great success and have been growing year after year. Our award winning Nexus DC Switches, ACI, Cloud Orchestration and Data Center Analytics platforms are enabling customers to provide services to their teams and customers at speed of business.
What you’ll do
This role is with the National Consulting Systems Engineering (CSE) Team focusing on pre-sales engineering activities in Ottawa Canada.
- You will leverage Cisco's Advanced Technology (AT)products, solutions and architectures in the area of Data Centre.
- As the DC focused engineering expert you will work closely with the Product Sales Specialists and the UCS Account Managers to drive business and help build Data Centre practices for our Canadian Federal Government and Commercial business in Ottawa.
- The Data Center Architect will speak to Cisco's strategy and vision for the data center as an expert in the following areas:
- Consolidation and Virtualization strategies & implementation for the Data Center
- Is an expert in Data Center Compute and Hyperconverged architectures.
- Advanced Data Center Routing and Switching Architectures (Cisco ACI, Nexus)
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Application Acceleration and WAN Optimization
- Systems and application architectures
- Cloud Orchestration
- Data Center Analytics
- Provide mentorship and guidance to field engineering teams.
- Canadian Secret Clearance and above is an asset
- Ability to obtain Canadian Secret Government Clearance and above is required
The CSE also play a critical role in leadership and development of the other team members in their area. This includes mentoring SE's and performing regular training sessions
to the SE community. They also build a close working relationship cross-functionally with other Cisco organizations and business units in order to provide a bi-directional flow of information concerning product and feature requirements, outbound marketing, partner and eco-system education and collateral.
Who you are
The Data Center Architect plays a crucial role in the success of Cisco's strategy in the Data Center market segment. You are an expert in Data Center Architect and can effectively articulate Cisco's Vision and Strategy of Consolidation, Virtualization and Automation. The CSE works across the assigned group to deliver messaging to partners and works closely with the Produce Sales Specialist and customer account team on specified opportunities from inception to closing. The Data Center CSE will also posses industry knowledge of market trends and directional awareness of Cisco's product and technology development efforts. They are familiar with the company's eco-systems of partners used to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customer base, and maintain a nunderstanding of competitive selling strategies.
The Architect has both a high level of technical and sales competency. They can articulate the value of a proposed system or solution at an executive level positioning the business benefits of a Cisco solution.
Typical Skill Sets:
You will bring to the table expertise and skills in one or more of key aspects of the data center such as:
• Data Center routing and switching architectures including: server farm aggregation, network and services virtualization strategies, security and encryption technologies implementation and administration.
• Operating System implementation and administration in Windows, VMWare, and Unix/Linux variants
• Storage design, implementation and storage layout strategies for applications and databases
• Data replication methodologies including replication and synchronization
• Data backup and recovery methodologies
• Server load balancing and global server load balancing including DNS strategies and stretched cluster implementation.
• Networked Storage technologies including SAN, NAS, iSCSI, WAFS, CIFS, NFS, FCIP and Ficon.
• HPC, Grid computing and clustering including RDMA technologies over various transports and associated applications.
• Understanding of barriers to Application Performance and their solutions: latency, bandwidth consumption, network congestion, packet loss, transport throughput, etc.
• Understanding of Application Delivery technologies: symmetric and asymmetric optimizations, network interception and integration.
*Ability to obtain Canadian Secret Government Clearance and above is required