Classroom Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Education London
Ministry Education London urgently required following position for Classroom Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Classroom Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Education London Jobs Details:
The Robarts School for the Deaf is a community-based bilingual/bicultural School for the Deaf, under the Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch with the tradition and reputation for meeting the academic, language, cultural and social needs of Deaf and Hard of Hearing children.
If you are looking for a rewarding and meaningful career and would like to be part of a specialized team recognized as leaders in the field of Deaf education then consider this exciting employment opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- work with multi-challenged Deaf children
- work in a multi-disciplinary setting
- assist in providing individual and group programs to Deaf children
- assist with physical needs of children
- follow up on specialized programs set up by other agencies/professionals
- assist in program preparation and materials.
- work on an on-call as needed basis
How do I qualify? Mandatory
- Community College certificate and/or equivalent training, education and working experience in a child- related field;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff using American Sign Language (ASL);
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid.
Skills and Qualifications: Your background and experience enables you to meet the following requirements:
- demonstrated experience working with children who are deaf and may have other emotional and behavioural disorders;
- demonstrated experience implementing academic and prescribed behaviour management programs in the classroom
- knowledge of education terms and strategies as they relate to students with behavioural and educational exceptionalities
- knowledge of child development and an understanding of caring for children with special needs;
- excellent communications skills, written English and American Sign Language (ASL) (or willingness to learn) to communicate effectively with students and staff; knowledge of relevant legislation /policies /procedures /guidelines/practices that address student care and safety;
- excellent analytical, problem solving and observation skills to identify students' needs/difficulties;
- ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- ability and willingness to assist special needs students as required.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary - PartTime, duration up to 10 months, 1515 Cheapside St , London, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.