Sample Preparation Technician Jobs Vacancy in Activation Laboratories Ltd Ancaster
Activation Laboratories Ltd Ancaster urgently required following position for Sample Preparation Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sample Preparation Technician Jobs Vacancy in Activation Laboratories Ltd Ancaster Jobs Details:
Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987 and is one of Canada’s premier service laboratories supporting a vast array of clients. Quality, Innovation and Service are the three words which best describe Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs). With head office situated in Ancaster Ontario, Activation Laboratories Ltd. provides services in over 90 countries and has several strategically positioned facilities that support global markets. We provide analysis in the geochemical and geo-metallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences. Our emphasis is on quality analytical services, development services and basic research.
General Description: General Labour Position
Sample Preparation Technicians will be working with rocks and soils. These positions are not suitable for those who cannot do periodic lifting throughout the day. Due to safety concerns, contact lenses are not permitted to be worn in the labs at anytime. Strict adherences to safety procedures are required.
Full time: Afternoon and Midnight Shifts required
- Sort, crush, pulverize, sieve, split and prepare geological/environmental samples for analysis as required
- Work with light industrial equipment
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Maintain a clean workstation throughout the day
- Any other tasks as determined
Education Required: High School
- Quality driven, motivated and organized
- Demonstrate initiative, reliability and common sense
- Ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Ability to perform under pressure to achieve turnaround requirement
- Read, understand and follow work instructions and guidelines safely and accurately
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English; familiar with the computer
- Excellent eye-hand co-ordination and manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Ability to work in a hot and dusty environment
- Clean-shaven in order to wear protective equipment
- Housekeeping in the work environment
- Ensure full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety and Professional Conduct Policies
Entry Level Position
Please note that applicants applying for Canadian job positions must be authorized to work in Canada.
We welcome resumes from all interested candidates; however, only qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume and cover letter via e-mail or fax: 905-648-9613
Reference the job title in the subject line. No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Ancaster, ON