Administrative Support Claims Representatives Jobs Vacancy in Minist Des Services Sociaux Communautaires Toronto
Minist Des Services Sociaux Communautaires Toronto urgently required following position for Administrative Support Claims Representatives. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Support Claims Representatives Jobs Vacancy in Minist Des Services Sociaux Communautaires Toronto Jobs Details:
- 1 Permanent bilingual position
- 1 Permanent unilingual position
- 1 Temporary unilingual Position
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide benefit support and respond to a variety of phone and written inquiries received from the general public, benefit recipients, vendors, caseworkers and other stakeholders
- Use your research and analytical skills to assess, validate and process invoices and applications for benefits
- Assess and resolve payment errors, recalculate allowable amount, and convey resolution
- Maintain social assistance database to ensure up-to-date, accurate and accessible information
- Compile and maintain confidential records and materials
How do I qualify?
MandatoryFor the bilingual position you must have French language proficiency at the advanced level for verbal and written
Tact, Diplomacy and Communication Skills:
- Demonstrated customer service skills to provide detailed and understandable explanations (oral and written) on benefits, claims and payment entitlements to internal and external clients.
- Interpersonal skills and diplomacy to question billing irregularities and invoice submissions with empathy to clients conveying sensitive, personal information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to explain policies, processes and convey decisions to clients by phone or in writing; record case summaries for use by staff, medical consultants and management.
Analytical, Problem Solving and Organizational Skills:
- Analytical and problem solving skills to apply fee schedules, analyze the validity of claims, resolve billing errors, and refer enquiries requiring investigation.
- Reasoning and problem-solving skills to identify and correct errors and applying established administrative procedures and guidelines.
- Organizational skills to prioritize own workload and complete tasks within set timeframes.
Mathematical and Computer skills:
- You have the ability to calculate fees, recognize billing irregularities and reconcile payments and adjustments.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, software applications (e-mail, word processing, internet, databases) and keyboarding skills to input/access/retrieve information and create correspondence and reports.
- Proven ability to gain knowledge of the role and mandate of the branch, administrative/office procedures, directives and guidelines pertaining to social services and assistance.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret and apply applicable legislation to respond to enquiries from the public, benefit recipients, vendors and other stakeholders regarding social assistance payments, benefits, eligibility and services.
- 1 Bilingual Permanent, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Permanent, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- This ad is also available in French.
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.