Machine Operator Jobs Vacancy in Tfi Aerospace Corporation Orangeville
Tfi Aerospace Corporation Orangeville urgently required following position for Machine Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Machine Operator Jobs Vacancy in Tfi Aerospace Corporation Orangeville Jobs Details:
TFI Aerospace prides itself on its team environment, and believes in playing an active role in the community. Business growth has created an opportunity for a Machine Operator. This role will suit someone who is mechanically inclined and would enjoy working in a manufacturing environment, becoming proficient in operating purpose-built equipment for the fastener industry. Training on this equipment will be provided. The Machine Operators report to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
A hands-on position which sets-up and operates various equipment within the plant to produce precision quality components. The Machine Operator is responsible for accurate record keeping, loading, efficiency and the safe execution of the process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Effectively and safely operate manufacturing equipment, which may include bolt headers, trimmers, thread rolls, etc.
- Learn how to operate and eventually set up this equipment using setup tools and techniques.
- Provide dimensionally compliant 1st off samples in a reasonable time.
- Coordinate tooling requirements with supervisor and tool room team members.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as required
- Follow production priorities.
- Ensure high product quality and minimize scrap rates.
- Inspect parts at the prescribed sampling rate.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide accurate reporting as defined in the work instructions.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Conduct work in a safe and considerate manner, ensuring all Health and Safety policies are followed, and WHMIS labeling requirements are met.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed.
Skills & Abilities
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn how to operate precision machinery
- Ability to use measuring techniques to inspect parts (calipers, micrometers, etc.).
- Ability to read engineering blue prints
- Strong interpersonal and team communication skills
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Quality focused and detail oriented.
- Organized and able to follow production priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Some computer skills required – data entry into the ERP systems.
Education & Experience
- This role would suit an experienced manufacturing employee from a similar industry, or a junior employee with the correct attitude, mechanical aptitude, and willingness to learn
- Post-secondary education in machine shop, mechanical repair or similar trades strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment using tight tolerances preferred
- Knowledgeable of basic measuring equipment and techniques preferred
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment, including loading material into the machine, and moving bins of parts weighing 20 to 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time