Administrative Assistant Stewardship And Events Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver
University British Columbia Vancouver urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Stewardship And Events. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Stewardship And Events Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver Jobs Details:
Provides complex secretarial and administrative support to the Stewardship and Events unit. The incumbent demonstrates initiative, tact, discretion and acts independently using good judgment in dealing directly with faculty, staff, donors and alumni. Prioritizes daily workload to meet deadlines for ongoing tasks/projects or events.
Works closely with the entire unit, reporting to the Director, Donor & Alumni Events or the Associate Director where appropriate, with direction taken from other members of the unit as required.
- Sets up the online RSVP platform as well as receives RSVP information over the telephone directly from both donors and alumni;
- Responds directly to donor or alumni requests by phone or email;
- Responds to event queries from colleagues across DAE/UBC;
- Facilitates/tracks/responds to requests for loan of event resources and materials by DAE/UBC colleagues;
- Provides general administrative support for all events including but not limited to: Assists in planning and preparations pre, during and post donor/alumni events by managing large and complex event guest lists, tracking RSVPs, maintaining event information (speakers, programs, etc.), facilitating local and global couriers, coordinating handouts, generating name tags, assisting at events (which may fall outside of regular work hours) and compiling survey analysis post events;
- Pulls data and performs complex analysis of the University central database categorizing donors for invitation lists and gift clubs and maintaining ongoing relations with donors and alumni.
- Distributes the event invitation and guest lists to faculties across campus for feedback and brokers modifications to lists based on diverse and conflicting feedback in consultation with the Event Manager;
- Uses the RSVP list to generate name tags, placecards, reserved seating for the events;
- Coordinates and records complex seating arrangements;
- Confirms and records attendance at events;
- Updates the central database with accurate donor and alumni contact information;
- Updates speaker records with accurate information;
- Processes supply, event and speaker expense claims and identifies variances in actual to budget expenses;
- Coordinates travel arrangements for speakers and unit staff;
- Coordinates and maintains unit event and programs calendar;
- Provides complex secretarial/administrative support to the Stewardship and Events unit;
- Responds to both written and oral inquiries of a sensitive and confidential nature;
- Responsible for resource management which includes overseeing distribution, maintaining, ordering and restocking the donor/alumni related event materials, publications and communication pieces (e.g., brand materials, event supplies, Report on Giving);
- Compiles and prepares agendas, takes minutes, schedules meetings for staff; maintains meeting schedule; and coordinates activities of the unit;
- Composes departmental correspondence to meet the needs of the unit;
- Researches and prepares information for event/programming reports and analysis;
- Ensures and maintains the quality and timeliness of donor/alumni information on the University's central database, UBCLinks, and for generating reports to create various lists as well as entering POINTS for event attendees and speakers as required;
- Prepares and formats presentation materials for meetings using PowerPoint software;
- Develops and maintains a system to acquire and file materials, such as publications, annual reports, etc., from internal and external sources;
- Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job.
Work is done under limited supervision. Performs most duties independently, consulting supervisor with reference to new or complex problems.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Exercises initiative, tact, and discretion. Works with conflicting demands and priorities. Must respect confidentiality of information handled (i.e. personal and financial information of donors). There could be embarrassment to the University if the incumbent does not deal tactfully with donors and members of the community. This in turn could negatively affect the level of financial support by the person or organization to the University. Damage to the department's campus reputation may occur if the incumbent does not deal tactfully with other campus departments.
High School graduation and two year post-secondary diploma. High school graduation, plus a two year post-secondary diploma, plus four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 4 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of four years related office experience, or three years relevant UBC experience. Computer experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, UBCLinks and Outlook preferred). Knowledge of the fundraising/alumni relations/event planning field an asset. Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, public relations and organizational skills. The incumbent demonstrates initiative and acts independently using good judgment in dealing with faculty, staff and donors. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required. Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports and presentations using clear, concise business English. Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to take and transcribe accurate meeting minutes. Ability to exercise tact and discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential matters. Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Receptionist Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Quadreal Toronto. Quadreal Toronto opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Receptionist Administrative Assistant position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 20 Jul, 2018. Administrative Assistant/ Reception. Reserving and coordinating suites for tenant events. Complete all administrative functions relating to property management.... ... Continue reading -->
Administrative Assistant General Counsel Jobs Vacancy in Skyline Group Companies Guelph. Skyline Group Companies Guelph opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Administrative Assistant General Counsel position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 12 Jul, 2018. And looking for a passionate, driven and energetic candidate to join our Legal department for the position of Administrative Assistant to General Counsel... ... Continue reading -->
Part Time Fund Development Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Arthritis Research Canada Richmond. Arthritis Research Canada Richmond opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Part Time Fund Development Administrative Assistant position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 13 Jul, 2018. Seeking a part-time Fund Development Administrative Assistant with strong database skills to join the Fund Development team and take responsibility for the... ... Continue reading -->
Department Assistant Physical Education And Kinesiology Jobs Vacancy in Grand Prairie Regional College Grande Prairie. Grand Prairie Regional College Grande Prairie opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Department Assistant Physical Education And Kinesiology position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 19 Jul, 2018. The Part-Time (17.5 hours per week) Department Assistant provides administrative support to the Department of Physical Education and Kinesiology (PEAK).... ... Continue reading -->
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Zgf Architects Vancouver. Zgf Architects Vancouver opening great career opportunity and jobs vacancy for Administrative Assistant position. This jobs vacancy will be open for new jobs applicant starting for 10 Jun, 2018. We are looking for a talented and professional Administrative Assistant with 2+ years experience to provide support to the Vancouver office and project teams.... ... Continue reading -->