Director Residential Finance Jobs Vacancy in Four Seasons Toronto
Four Seasons Toronto urgently required following position for Director Residential Finance. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Residential Finance Jobs Vacancy in Four Seasons Toronto Jobs Details:
The Director Residential Finance will support in the execution of various residential and mixed use assessment budgets as well as building project implementation packages and tools for a smooth handover to the opening teams. The role will further refine and develop new collateral, tools and references to ensure that stakeholders within Four Seasons and externally are educated and informed during the design/build and pre-opening phase.
The role is based in Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Toronto Corporate office, reporting to Vice President, Residential Finance. T hi s po s i t io n i s h i gh l y v i s ibl e , w i th in t e r ac t io n s a t v a r i ou s le v e l s , bo th in t e r na l l y an d e x t e r na l l y .
Development of Carrying Cost/ Pre-opening budg e ts for new residential projects
- Participate in the review and input into r e si d en t i a l and mixed use operating assessment budgets f o r ne w r es i den t ia l de v e l opm e n ts as assigned to ensure that Four Seasons assumptions are incorporated, are reasonable and accurate.
- Provide internal financial analysis regarding new residential projects on finance matters as it relates to types of cost, cost allocation methods, market/internal cost benchmarking as well as residential rental impact as assigned.
- Secondary review and provide input as required into early pro-forma assessment cost estimates for comparability based on existing data and limited project specifics and articulate range of reasonableness, risks and sensitivities impacting cost.
- Secondary re v ie w financ i a l matters of t h e p r oj e c t g o v e r ni n g d o c u men t s and related management agreements t o e n su re all finance terms are clear and can be practically managed.
- Pr o v id e a complete implementation and han d o v e r package as well as orientations t o p r e - o p en i n g t e a m r e g a r din g th e r a t i on a le a n d r e f e r e n c e s u se d i n t h e p r os pe c t u s bu d ge t .
- Coordinate with Regional Directors of Finance in Operations Finance group to prepare pre-opening budget for the residential.
Other expectations of the role
- Lead, mentor and develop direct report
- Participate in Residential Conference
- Support other Director Residential Finance in review process of yearly residential property budgets and reforecasts.
- Support VP Residential Finance to research, collate and develop collateral, content and tools to communicate best practices in residential and mixed use financial execution in collaboration with Operations Finance.
- Support other Director Residential Finance in Financial Oversight of op e ne d an d ope r a t in g r e s ide n t i a l and mixed use p r oj e c ts including participation in property compliance reviews as directed by VP Residential Finance
- Support VP Residential Finance in new business model financial reviews, feasibility and other structural analyses as required.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- E x celle n t f o c u s o n de t a i l an d a ccu r ac y
- Humble leadership qualities, able to lead by example
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Negotiation and tactical thinking, superior judgment
- High social awareness during difficult discussions and ability to read the room
- Consummate t ea m pla y e r w i th a n e x cell e n t a t ti t u d e a n d a s t r on g w o rk e t hi c
- Versatility and balance between conceptual and substantial problem solving approaches
- A bili ty t o w o rk un d e r p r e s s u re an d manage multiple work streams
- Recognizes risk, is thoughtful in what matters but avoids analysis paralysis
- Repeated experience in reducing complex and numerous inputs and qualitative considerations to articulate into a limited set of issues for resolution in a very short timeframe
- Reference feedback shows respect from all levels (sub, colleague, sup) with respect to how they were treated and competency
- Preference of work activity focuses on business concepts, structuring, designing, but able to translate into detail and steps in order to “operationalize” for execution
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- A bili ty t o u s e a cc o un t in g so f t w a re – SU N , V i s i on , FO C US, H y pe r io n, e t c.
- M ic r oso ft E x ce l / M ic r o s o ft W o rd / M ic r o s o ft P o w e r Po i n t / M ic r oso ft P r oj e c t / A c c e s s
- A bili ty t o l e a rn a n d u nde r s t a n d add i t io n a l t ec h n i ca l kno w ledg e an d s ki l l s a s r e qui r e d
- U nde r s t an d in g o f t h e b r a nd e d r esi d en t i a l / r e a l e s t a te an d v a c a t i o n h o m e ma r ke t a n d in d us try
- Good understanding of the hotel market, particularly the luxury segment.
- Solid experience in both industry financial management operations and accounting
- Experience in client services and consulting in addition to industry operations
Other Qualifications : Educational and Professional
- Un i v e r si ty D eg r e e – f o c u s o n ac c oun t in g / f i n a n c e / r ea l es ta te & property management / b u s i ne s s
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Pr o f e s si o na l a c co u n t i n g/finance d e si g na t i o n p r e f e rr e d
- 8-10+ y ea rs o f well-rounded experience in industry finance/accounting, project analysis and finance, hospitality and/or mixed use exposure a plus
- Role will require 10-25% travel, as per business needs