Receptionist Secretary Jobs Vacancy in University Victoria Victoria
University Victoria Victoria urgently required following position for Receptionist Secretary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Receptionist Secretary Jobs Vacancy in University Victoria Victoria Jobs Details:
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
As a large teaching and research department at UVic, the Department of Psychology enjoys a busy and challenging academic working environment. There are currently more than 185 faculty, staff and graduate students in Psychology and 9,000 undergraduate and graduate registrations in courses offered by the Department each year.
This position is the first point of contact for the Department and provides front-line receptionist duties and administrative support to faculty, sessional instructors, and students, with an emphasis on ensuring an excellent undergraduate experience in the department. Responsibilities include responding to inquiries; managing the distribution of keys; preparation of detailed documentation using Word and Excel; ordering textbooks, course packs and desk copies; organizing room bookings; sorting and distributing mail and courier deliveries; using Banner and FAST to complete course overrides, adds and drops; and other duties of similar scope and complexity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate effectively with faculty, staff, students and general public
- Outgoing, friendly and approachable demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to provide excellent customer service when responding to in-person, telephone and e-mail enquiries
- Excellent secretarial skills including attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of wordprocessing and excel spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of office and business administration and relevant best practices, obtained through experience, training, or coursework towards a certificate, diploma or degree
- Related skills and experience in a similar reception / clerical position
Why join UVic?
Pursue a meaningful career in the world’s best environment for dynamic learning and discovery—a place where you can create vital impact. To learn more about working at UVic and how we reward our employees click here.