Sustain Support Technician Jobs Vacancy in The Dow Chemical Company Fort Saskatchewan
The Dow Chemical Company Fort Saskatchewan urgently required following position for Sustain Support Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sustain Support Technician Jobs Vacancy in The Dow Chemical Company Fort Saskatchewan Jobs Details:
- Responsible for the care and troubleshooting of the ABB process control systems, and their associated networks and interfaces.
- May also be responsible for the care and troubleshooting of other DCS (Mod 5, Bailey, etc.) and Programmable Logic Controllers (Triconex, Allen-Bradley, etc.) systems hardware, software and networks as needed depending on the installed base at the site.
- Provide corrective support in response to a control system error condition or failure as the first point of escalation from the plant.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance (PPM) and health checks on operating control system hardware.
- Initiate portions of a software upgrades that cannot be done remotely under the direction of a Dow Process Automation subject matter expert.
- Understand and follow all identified Dow Process Automation work processes, such as Problem Resolution & Request Management, S&OP (internal database) Case entry, Engineering Solutions (ES) Asset database updates, etc.
- Complete small project work.
- Track and redeploy assets.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to plant control system focal points as well as other site support resources.
- Interface with Plant Process Control Coordinators (PPCC) on troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Assist in small extensions on the Plant Process Control Systems.
- Monitoring of DCS system diagnostics aligned with PPCC.
- Participate in risk assessment when activities to the Control System are required.
- Escalation to additional support resources and follow-up as necessary.
- 5 or more years of experience in a Process Control Systems role.
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- Strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills.
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates excellent decision making skills, ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with in an empowered team environment.
- Project management skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others.
- A minimum requirement for this Canada based position is the ability to work legally in the Canada. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position.
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to respirator.
- Experience using ABB Control Systems.
- Familiar with Allen-Bradley (Rockwell), Siemens Process Controls.
- Experience in a Process Control IT role.
- Experience in an Industrial Process Control Systems role.
- Strong Microsoft skill set.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 year Technical Diploma or higher in Electronics, Instrumentation, or Computer discipline is required.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.