Data Prep Consultant Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Toronto
Cibc Toronto urgently required following position for Data Prep Consultant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Prep Consultant Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Toronto Jobs Details:
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be responsible for making large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and usable. Transforming, improving and integrating data, depending on the business requirements and combining the data result sets across multiple sources. You will work with internal partners and clients to elicit and analyze business requirements and solution requirements and determine how best to meet requirements and ultimately delivering the data to users for insight generation and analytics. Utilizing your expertise with Alteryx and SAS, Python and R, you’ll be driving data preparation strategies and transformations for analytical consumption from different data sources such as Oracle, SAS, Excel and Enterprise Data Hub data lakes. Provide advisory and educational services to internal business clients to ensure effective management and usage of CIBC's standard BI/Analytics tools. Leading problem solving in a complex business and/or technical environmentHow You’ll Succeed
- BI Technical Acumen: Execute data preparation strategies with an intent to make large and/or complex datasets more accessible, understandable and usable for consumption. Transform, consolidate and integrate datasets utilizing Alterylx, SAS, python, and sql based on business requirements across multiple data sources and perform data analysis to uncover insights in a useful and appealing way to users utilizing tableau.
- BI Technical Consultant Partnership: Provide subject matter expertise on departmental initiatives such as BI/Analytics solution rollouts, data analysis, business training sessions, assessment and evaluation of cutting edge BI/Analytics tools, etc. Identify opportunities to automate, streamline processes that will bring in efficiency in data analysis, reporting and analytics environments, lessen manual intervention, minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles and increase end user efficiency and experience.
- Updated to Industry Trends: Partner with Technology, Enterprise Architecture, and other business groups with a focus of fostering BI/Analytics research & innovation culture and keep abreast of current trends related to BI technologies. You will also contribute to our process improvement by discovering opportunities to optimize/improve processes to streamline and bring efficiencies.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in Data preparation and utilizing data prep tools like Alteryx, SAS, python and R. Preparing data from an analytical consumption perspective, matching data sources, understanding how data is structured and gathered in big organizations from oracle and sql datasets. It is a huge asset if you have experience working with tableau.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends. Passionate about new industry trends and vendor updates or features that would be beneficial to CIBC.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do. You will be advising internal partners of CIBC how to utilize Alteryx as a self-service tool.
- You are innovative. Leverage creative thinking, existing data assets or create new datasets to find innovative ways to answer key business questions.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends