Bilingual Corporate Communications Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Talentcor Toronto
Talentcor Toronto urgently required following position for Bilingual Corporate Communications Secretary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bilingual Corporate Communications Secretary Jobs Vacancy in Talentcor Toronto Jobs Details:
Bilingual Corporate Communications Secretary
Talentcor Toronto is currently recruiting for a Bilingual Corporate Communications Secretary for one of our clients located downtown Toronto. This is a fulltime permanent role with a competitive salary, benefits, and vacation. The ideal candidate will be a hybrid administrative and communications professional, proficient in both the English and French language.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board and the Executive Director, the Corporate Secretary is responsible for the Board Committee and Annual General Meeting requirements, including logistics, preparation, attendance and follow up for all meetings; Creation and maintenance of corporate documents and records, including Meeting Minutes; Acting as the general liaison between Board members, Board Chair and Management; Providing expertise and advice on matters of corporate governance, including ongoing research to maintain “best practices” in corporate governance; and Development and maintenance of Corporate Policies and Procedures, under direction of the Executive Director and in coordination with management.
He or She will also be responsible for communication responsibilities including planning and executing all public and corporate communications strategies aimed at promoting and protecting the client’s reputation throughout Canada and abroad.
- Manage all board, committee, and Annual General Meeting (AGM) logistics, including venue and catering requirements; drafting meeting agendas and notices; coordinating, compiling, and distributing board/committee materials; drafting and circulating meeting minutes, corporate resolutions and meeting action items
- Attend board, committee, and AGM meetings, recording minutes and resolutions, highlighting board and committee decisions and/or information items, actions and directives
- Report on outstanding agenda/action items, ensuring information is provided to the board/committee members in a timely manner
- Prepare all correspondence for the board/committees, including responses to enquiries directed to the board/committees
- Maintain key corporate documents and records, including corporate Minute Book
- Support the board Chair in performing his/her role, including the provision of appropriate briefing materials and speaking notes for meetings
- Advise on matters of corporate governance, conducting ongoing and directed research to maintain “best practices” in corporate governance
- Develop and maintain the client’s Corporate Policies and Procedures, under the direction of the Executive Director and in coordination with management
- Play an active role in the planning, development and execution of all public affairs and external communications strategies involving the client’s core services
- Advise and support executives, management and internal clients in the management of communications and media relations matters
- Train and coach staff on communications and media relations issues
- Develop and implement information, communications and promotional policies and strategies, evaluate and suggest improvements to existing communications strategies
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop quarterly communications updates, annual communications and marketing plans including an annual budget and resourcing, plan needs and manage requests concerning the client’s participation in events, associations, conferences and partnerships
- With the support of our external communications firms, develop and maintain relations with media, both traditional and web based
- Undertake content generation and distribution activities such as copywriting, editing, translation, graphic design, and the production of publications, newsletters, brochures, press releases, editorials, biographies, presentations, case studies, the Annual Report and articles
- Develop corporate digital strategies, maintain quality consistency, relevancy, and effectiveness of the content on the client’s English and French websites, social media, and digital platforms
- In collaboration with our external communications firm, monitor the environment to anticipate developments and innovations in the communications and media relations field and identify threats and opportunities to the client’s image and reputation
- Foster cooperative relations with its stakeholders
- Develop and coordinate communications and media relations strategies with stakeholders, as required
- Carry out assigned projects and tasks related to the client’s mandate, as required by the Executive Director
Requirements and Core Competencies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Corporate Secretary role, or a similar role as deemed appropriate by the Board Chair and the Executive Director
- Recent and relevant experience with Corporate Governance matters and issues
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, copywriting or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the strategic management of public affairs and external communications, including website maintenance, social media and graphic design
- Fluently bilingual; English and French, with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level in both English and French
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Strong computer skills with an advanced understanding of Word, Excel, case management systems and website management support tools
- Experience within the insurance or financial industry and /or established relationships with Canadian financial media is highly preferred
- Proven ability to implement communications and public affairs initiatives
- Experience as a media spokesperson is considered an asset
- Experience within a multi-stakeholder environment is preferred Working conditions • Occasional travel within Canada
- Ability to attend industry events
- Ability to attend and conduct internal and external presentations
- Overtime as required
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Delanie Louis-Fernand at firstname.lastname@example.org. Talentcor would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request. We encourage you to visit www.talentcor.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Keywords: Executive Assistant, Corporate Secretary, Corporate Governance, Communications Specialist, Bilingual, English and French, Corporate Communication.