After School Program Leader Jobs Vacancy in Chilliwack Central Elementary Community School Society Chilliwack
- After School Program Leader
- Chilliwack Central Elementary Community School Society
- Chilliwack BC
- 13 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Chilliwack Central Elementary Community School Society Chilliwack urgently required following position for After School Program Leader. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
After School Program Leader Jobs Vacancy in Chilliwack Central Elementary Community School Society Chilliwack Jobs Details:
- Working with vulnerable/ at risk children ages 5 to 11 years old in an after school care program within an elementary school.
- The hours are Monday to Friday from 2-6pm after school. Additional hours will be required for early dismissal days, professional development days and Spring Break.
- Up to 20 hours per week.
- There will be a 3 month probationary period at the commencement of employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize and supervise structured group activities for children ages 5 to 11 years to play in a safe and healthy manner within a licensed facility.
- Interact with vulnerable at-risk children to build strong rapport and provide a positive role model.
- Create and maintain a safe, interactive, stimulating and fun environment for children in care.
- Prepare a healthy nutritious after school snack.
- Problem-solve day to day situations regarding guidance and/or behavioral issues.
- Liaise with the Executive Director and parents/guardians to address any issues that may arise.
- Provide art, sports and physical play activities for children.
- Follow policies and procedures of program and Society and implement relevant Community Care and Assisted Living Act and Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Keep records up to date (attendance records, staff schedules, time sheets, children’s records, etc.)
- Create and implement care plan for children when needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST HAVE-Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working with children in before and after school care or other licensed childcare setting.
- Experience planning and administering a childcare program.
- MUST HAVE-Completion of a course or combination of courses, totaling 20 hours minimum of responsible adult training or courses in child development, guidance, health and safety or nutrition or the Responsible Adult Certificate.
- ECE certificate an asset.
- Valid First Aid certificate required.
- Foodsafe an asset.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing.
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant Community Care and Assisted Living Act and Child Care Licensing Regulations on a day to day basis.
- Community networking skills and ability to access services and resources.
- MUST BE 19 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass vulnerable criminal records check.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- working in an after school care program: 1 year
- working with vulnerable/ at risk children: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required licenses or certifications:
- Responsible Adult Certificate
- or 20 hours in child development, guidance, health and safe