Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Weyerhaeuser Drayton Valley
Weyerhaeuser Drayton Valley urgently required following position for Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Weyerhaeuser Drayton Valley Jobs Details:
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as on building the business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, where diversity is encouraged and where community is supported. Weyerhaeuser is one of the premier integrated forest products organizations in the world. We're looking for people who can contribute, grow, think and create! We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and innovation. Our associates are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world.
As an integral member of the site leadership team, you will lead change and improvements in safety, reliability, value extraction and production at Drayton Valley’s Sawmill. Aside from proven experience in coordinating the delivery of benchmark manufacturing results in grade, trim loss, reliability and production, you will possess strong leadership skills, a passion for safety and an empowering management style that engages your organization to achieve its potential of excellence. You will participate as an active member of the unit’s core lead team and will be involved in setting strategic and capital direction, and jointly develop unit business plans that map out the tactics to deliver world class results in safety and profitability.
- Post-secondary education
- At least 2 years of senior leadership experience in an industrial setting
- A passion for safety and demonstrated caring, safety leadership in design, execution and work practices
- Ability to be a strong contributor to a site management team.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building / maintaining positive relationships with associates and peers through coaching, development, and involvement in a progressive work system
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, other windows based programs and internet skills
- Willing and able to travel as needed (low frequency)
- Must be willing to be in contact and respond to plant needs 24/7.
- Experience working in Forestry industry
- Experience in lumber manufacturing
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.