Service Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Universite Concordia Montréal
Universite Concordia Montréal urgently required following position for Service Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Universite Concordia Montréal Jobs Details:
Revised. This posting represents a maternity-leave replacement effective until July 16, 2019.
Reporting to the Department Coordinator, the incumbent provides front-line customer service for provincial, federal and US financial aid, Concordia and external awards programs and supports the daily operations of the Financial Aid and Awards Office.
- Respond to general inquiries on Financial Aid and Awards programs.
- Assist in the development and delivery of workshops. Assist with the content of marketing materials.
- Provide day to day administrative support for the unit including maintenance of student files.
- Verify and certify documentation related to Financial Aid and Awards. Update government financial aid database fields as required.
- Receive and review applications for Financial Aid and Awards. Verify and process various types of applications ensuring the completeness of files.
- Assess the situation and inform students on the most appropriate procedure to take in order to complete their financial aid or Awards application.
- Verify student aid eligibility by extracting and interpreting information from the Student Information System as well as various government student aid database
- Dispense loans and bursaries and other documents to students, including claiming a portion of the students’ funds to apply against an existing balance in a student’s account
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university DEC) and one to two years of experience in a customer service role.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty as well as members of Financial Aid and Awards governing bodies; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to provide general information and respond to routine questions.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (to create and update documents, spreadsheets and presentations).
- Keen attention to details.
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to act as a commissioner of oaths.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours during peak periods.
- Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $23.31 to $27.68 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 30, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.