Children Ministry Director Jobs Vacancy in The Salvation Army Comox Valley Community Church Courtenay
The Salvation Army Comox Valley Community Church Courtenay urgently required following position for Children Ministry Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Children Ministry Director Jobs Vacancy in The Salvation Army Comox Valley Community Church Courtenay Jobs Details:
Position: Children’s Ministry Director (Part-Time)
Supervision: This position reports directly to and works under the direction of the Senior Pastors / Corps Officers and in cooperation with the Church Mission Board.
- Contributes to the spiritual development of the children in the church by mentoring, discipling, encouraging, and modelling appropriate Christian attitudes and behaviours.
- The Children’s Ministry Director develops, implements and evaluates programming.
- Coordinates, implements, maintains and assists in the evaluation of programs/ministries relevant to the children of the church and the community at large. This includes but is not limited to Junior Church and Friday Night Live programming.
- Builds and equips leadership in the Corps amongst the children, youth and adults.
- Connects children ministry with youth ministry.
- Attends Mission Board, Children & Youth meetings, annual Pastoral Care Council, and pastoral meetings.
- Maintains connection with families through phone calls, visitation and/or social media.
- Seeks to coordinate ministry opportunities within the Ministry Unit and community.
- Builds relationships with children connected to Community & Family Services. This includes Holiday camp oversight and consistent connection with CFS children and families.
- Provides leadership to the children’s Christmas Play, VBS and other such programs.
- Prays with and or leads children and family members to faith in Jesus Christ as opportunity permits
- Works in cooperation and consultation with the church’s administrative and pastoral care givers in corporate problem-solving for the benefit of the church and individuals
- Knows and acts in accordance with security procedures of the church to ensure the safety and confidentiality of participants and information
- Maintains written records / logs of activities (including activity reports and statistical information)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications – You Have…
- A heart for Children’s Ministry and a proven record of good rapport with children.
- Has a strong, mature, personal Christian commitment that is able lead and teach from the Bible and the doctrines of the Salvation Army.
- A degree in Children’s Ministry or equivalent work experience.
- A continuous desire to keep learning in order to become more effective leader of children.
- Competence and comfort in the areas of creative arts and sporting ministries is desired and is considered a great asset.
- A desire to be creative and innovative, as well as being a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others and on teams.
- The ability to relate well with people of varying backgrounds and circumstances.
- The ability to work in an environment of confidentiality and change.
- Good administrative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- A good understanding of/and agree to support the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army and Comox Valley Community Church.
- The understanding that they must undergo a criminal record check and obtain an internal Salvation Army child abuse registry clearance
- A CPR, First Aid and a Non Violence Crisis Intervention certificate or I am willing to obtain these.
- A valid BC Drivers License – A Class 4 license is preferred.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-Time