Continuous Improvement Specialist Sault Ste Marie Jobs Vacancy in Tenaris Sault Ste. Marie
Tenaris Sault Ste. Marie urgently required following position for Continuous Improvement Specialist Sault Ste Marie. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Continuous Improvement Specialist Sault Ste Marie Jobs Vacancy in Tenaris Sault Ste. Marie Jobs Details:
At Tenaris, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on challenges and work in a dynamic and high-performance environment. As a leading global manufacturer, Tenaris supplies steel pipe products and related services for the world’s energy industry and other industrial applications. Across Canada, we have operations in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Estevan, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Ft. Saskatchewan, and Nisku, Alberta, offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth. With a local focus inside a global organization, we are committed to delivering value to customers that range from large established oil and gas companies to exciting new entrants to the market.
Advance your career with Tenaris.
We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist for our Operations department in our Algoma Tubes Seamless Mill.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible to identify improvement opportunities in the mill and coordinate the activities of project development throughout all stages (define, measure, analyze, design, implement and control), while ensuring deadlines and expectations are met and aligned with the strategy of the mill.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist acts as a team facilitator, participating in all process meetings, not only to focus on the CI methodology but also helping to implement the team’s ideas and coordinate activities with the different areas involved (e.g. maintenance, engineering, Exiros, etc.). This position works directly on-site and is the expert in the CI methodology and with knowledge about the process that they belong to, selecting the proper tools to be used according to the topics to be faced.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Identify improvement opportunities and propose projects to be launched according to the mill priorities, interacting with process owners, measuring technical and functional impact of the issues in order to prioritize and classify the list of topics to be addressed, jointly with the process owner;
- Support the improvement project start-up and development, according to the defined project management methodology, arriving to a proposed improvement plan to be discussed and validated with mill and process managers;
- Support and ensure the implementation of improvement plan. Document and formalize new definitions as the new standard for the mentioned activity in order to ensure sustainability;
- Prepares environment and conditions as outlined in the design, coordinating pretesting and preparing contingency plans for the start-up;
- Follow-up and report the impact of the solution provided by the team with support of IMC (Industrial Management Control) to confirm that the original target was reached. Organize and present the advance of the activity in the area under his/her responsibility to the top management;
- Ensure sustainability of all 00100 activities and projects under his/her responsibility, identifying in advance any deviation and propose mitigation or corrective actions with the support of the process experts and;
- Ensure strong understanding of project management and continuous improvement tools and methodology, and ensure the provision of training for all the people that participate in the activity.
- 3+ years of related experience in operations, industrial engineering, or supply chain, that provided you an excellent understanding and knowledge of the mill operation.
- A post-secondary degree in Engineering or related discipline is required.
- The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual who can take leadership and proactive approach with their work and is able to effectively solve problems and find solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, able to work autonomously, driven to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and is also proficient in other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with SAP, TSE, IDM and Quality tools will be considered an asset.
Looking for professional challenges with global prospects? Tenaris is the place for you!
Please apply on our website at www.tenaris.com/careers/joinus. Search under “Canada” for this position.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
Tenaris AlgomaTubes is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.