Golf Course Attendant Iii Amendment Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary
City Calgary Calgary urgently required following position for Golf Course Attendant Iii Amendment. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Golf Course Attendant Iii Amendment Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary Jobs Details:
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life. As a Golf Course Attendant III, reporting to the Golf Course Supervisor, the primary function involves onsite supervision of daily clubhouse operations. Primary duties include:
- Train and supervise Golf Course Attendant II's and Code 81 employees.
- Complete clubhouse paperwork and some light manual work including accepting orders and stocking.
- Perform golf starter functions including traffic and crowd control, enforce facility regulations, coordinate tee times, dispense concession items, rent equipment, customer complaints and inquiries.
- Collect and secure revenue derived from admissions, rentals, concession and driving range sales.
- Maintain records of sales including breakdowns for all areas of revenue generation.
- Prepare and/or balance cash sales summaries, bank deposits and credit/debit card reports.
- Order clubhouse supplies and reconcile and maintain inventory records.
- Investigate and resolve complaints and inquiries from the general public and staff.
- General security of the work area, records management and adherence to required City, Provincial and Federal policies.
- Maintain and arrange for repair of clubhouse equipment, clubhouse cleanliness and janitorial duties.
- Assist with staff scheduling using appropriate software.
- A High School diploma or equivalency (for example: GED) with a minimum of 3 years of cashier experience, and a minimum of 2 seasons of golf course experience, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of Community Leisure Activity Scheduling System (CLASS) software and Active Tee Sheet programs are required.
- An intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Valid Class 5 Driver's Licence (or provincial equivalent) with no more than six demerits and have no current suspensions or charges pending and the use of a personal vehicle will be required.
- Strong golf related background and post-secondary education in the area of business administration or golf course management will be considered an asset.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Calgary Recreation
Position Type: up to 6 Temporary (up to 8 months)
Location: Various clubhouse locations
Compensation: Pay Grade 7 $31.25 - 41.81 per hour (2017 rates)
Days of Work: Avalability to cover shifts last minute, as well as weekend and evening shift work is required.
Hours of work: Non-standard 38 hour work week
Apply By: February 23, 2018
Job ID #: 300449