Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Vancouver Island Health Authority Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island Health Authority Vancouver Island urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Vancouver Island Health Authority Vancouver Island Jobs Details:
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing senior administrative and secretarial support to the Director and Medical Director, Geography 4 - Urban Greater Victoria & Regional Rehabilitation Quality. Under limited direction, carries out work projects relative to the operation of the program.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to high school graduation plus additional related coursework in office or business administration and 3 year’s related experience in a large complex organization, preferably in a clinical program portfolio.
• Good interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, in dealing with a variety of work situations, hospital staff, board members, government representatives, community agency personnel and the general public
• Strong computer skills and extensive knowledge of applications such as MS Office, Windows, SharePoint and Cliff.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong sense of teamwork
• Aptitude to be proactive requiring minimum direction
• To anticipate and resolve issues before they escalate
• Capable of decision making/problem solving within predetermined guidelines
• Organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Work under pressure with short turn around times