Client Service Coordinator Social Worker Services Jobs Vacancy in Carefirst Seniors Community Services Association Toronto
Carefirst Seniors Community Services Association Toronto urgently required following position for Client Service Coordinator Social Worker Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Client Service Coordinator Social Worker Services Jobs Vacancy in Carefirst Seniors Community Services Association Toronto Jobs Details:
Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit charitable community services agency established since 1976. Our spectrum of services has grown from the delivery of Chinese meals-on-wheels service to a full range of community support services, covering the whole Greater Toronto Area, and the York Region.
With a staff of 500 members (including full-time and part-time staff) and the help of a pool of 1,200 active volunteers, we serve 6,500 clients a year, including seniors and the physically disabled; 1,500 of whom are "home-bound" and frail.
We are currently seeking a Client Service Coordinator to join our Home Care team.
- Conduct eligibility and service needs assessments for in-home services
- Develop, initiate and coordinate individualized care plans for eligible clients and provide ongoing resource management and discharge planning as appropriate
- Provide client-centred care through ongoing case management
- Dispatch and schedule workers to provide in home services; communicate effectively with clients and/or their families if a scheduling conflict arises
- Provide supervision of Personal Support Workers, including performance management and field support
- Respond to all inquiries and customer emergencies after hours or on weekends, per shift schedule
- Support client and caregiver advocacy; provide information and referrals to other Carefirst services or external community resources as required
- Degree in Social Work or post-secondary Diploma in Social Services
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a community-based organization working with seniors
- Outstanding assessment skills with good judgment in understanding clients’ needs
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, InterRAI Cha and CIMS is an asset
- Interest in working with Chinese seniors
- Fluent in English and Cantonese/Mandarin
- A valid vulnerable sector policy check completed within one year
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Please send your cover letter and résumé to:
The Hiring Committee, Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association
300 Silver Star Blvd | Scarborough | ON | M1V 0G2
Fax: (416) 502-2382
Job Type: Full-time
- working with seniors in the community: 1 year