Aviation Business Analyst Intern Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Natural Resources And Forestry Sault Ste. Marie
Ministry Natural Resources And Forestry Sault Ste. Marie urgently required following position for Aviation Business Analyst Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Aviation Business Analyst Intern Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Natural Resources And Forestry Sault Ste. Marie Jobs Details:
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Assisting in the application of economic methodologies, models, and tools such as conducting cost benefit analysis, net present value, and life cycle analysis for aircraft replacement, aircraft improvements, infrastructure replacement, facility maintenance options and to assist with the development of service level agreements;
- Undertake analysis of projects using sound statistical methods and economic principles and practices utilizing a variety of software (e.g. MS Project, Excel, Access, Oracle Discoverer Viewer, Arcview etc.);
- Apply project management techniques to gather, input, and arrange tasks and to assist with scheduling delivery of multi-million dollar investments in aircraft, facilities, and technology;
- Provide input to economic development studies through analysis of databases and expert surveys to determine historical use of infrastructure, and purpose of flights and geographic location of flights;
- Assisting with development of guidelines, options, reports, presentations, analytical and technical advice, and working recommendations based on research, teamwork, and sound understanding of the business and economic implications;
How do I qualify? Knowledge
- General knowledge of aviation business, natural resource and environmental economic theory, principles and practices, economic research, analytical methods and techniques, and data modeling in order to assist with input to economic development studies and cost benefit analysis;
- General understanding of Ontario Government's role in delivery of Public Safety, and its commitment to maintaining supporting infrastructure;
- Knowledge of worker responsibilities as outlines in the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
Analytical and Research Skills:
- Understanding of policy and program development, research and analytical approaches and techniques, as well as resource management principles;
Computer Skills: Knowledge of computer software including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, GIS, and economic analysis packages in order to assist with developing guidelines options, reports and presentations; and GIS;
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada;
- Has graduated or will graduate from an approved or legally authorized college or university with a degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma within the last four years;
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in one MNRF 18-month placement and must not have participated in the MNRF internship program in the past.
Note: The successful candidate will begin at the base-level pay rate and will move up in the pay scale in accordance with the OPSEU collective agreement.
How to apply: Laurie May
A/Manager, Business Services
Aviation Services Section
Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
2- 475 Airport Road
Sault Ste. Marie , ON, P6A 5K6
Fax: (705) 779-4048
Send applications to: Hiring manager name, address and e-mail.
Applications must be received by the end of the closing date with the Job ID number quoted.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
OPS Employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying to positions.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 475 Airport Rd, RR 2, Sault Ste Marie, North Region