Hplc Lab And Research Technician Jobs Vacancy in Ascent Industries Corp Maple Ridge
Ascent Industries Corp Maple Ridge urgently required following position for Hplc Lab And Research Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Hplc Lab And Research Technician Jobs Vacancy in Ascent Industries Corp Maple Ridge Jobs Details:
Agrima Botanicals, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ascent Industries, is a patient focused company striving to provide patients with consistent, quality medical cannabis products and related services. With industry leading facilities, Agrima is setting standards and advancing the art and science of producing consistent, quality medical cannabis.
Research is at the forefront of the science behind Agrima’s quality cannabis production. We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented GC-MS & HPLC Lab and Research Technician. Working closely with the Head Scientist, this role will be responsible for the research, method development and analysis of plant-based extracts to support quality cannabis production. The successful candidate will exude passion for data driven results and have experience working in dynamic and collaborative environments.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Develop analytical methods and conduct analysis of bioactive plant-based extracts (flower and oil) before and after extraction, nutrient samples and finished products;
- Prepare samples for GC-MS & HPLC analysis to support optimization of production and manufacturing of cannabis products;
- Perform sample analysis according to GMP regulations, including preparation of standards, operation of equipment and generation of reports;
- Maintain database inventory of biological and extracted products; track chemical inventory, and record weight and amounts;
- Plan and conduct experiments for multidisciplinary projects, document all experimental work in ERP system, and communicate findings to Head Scientist;
- Write and revise SOPs in accordance with Health Canada and ACMPR requirements;
- Conduct general quality assurance tasks in accordance with SOPs and regulatory requirements;
- Conduct general lab duties including material handling, cleaning of dishes and equipment, and other lab tasks and research as required;
- Solid understanding of Empower3 and MassHunter;
- Knowledge of analytical equipment such as Agilent GC-MS and Waters HPLC systems;
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and documentation processes;
- Good grasp on scientific process and its application;
- Thorough understanding of analytical and organic chemistry;
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office and Excel;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent math and statistical skills;
- Ability to think analytically and troubleshoot experiments;
- Ability to effectively operate laboratory equipment and use various tools;
- Ability to comply with PPE requirements and SOP instructions;
- Self-motivated to work independently and thrive in a small, collaborative team environment;
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organic or Analytical Chemistry; Master’s Degree strongly preferred;
- 5 years’ laboratory experience with organic materials such as plant extracts;
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability and integrity;
- Experience analyzing secondary plant metabolites, mycotoxin and pesticide residues are strongly preferred; and
- Experience with cannabis research and analysis considered an asset.
Agrima Botanicals values a diverse workforce and encourages all interested applicants to apply. Those candidates whose skills and qualifications fit the role requirements will be further considered and contacted. Candidates chosen for employment will be required to undergo background and reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Agrima Botanicals!
Job Type: Full-time
- laboratory: 5 years
- Maple Ridge, BC