Accounts Payable Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc Ottawa
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc Ottawa urgently required following position for Accounts Payable Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounts Payable Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc Ottawa Jobs Details:
Perform AP duties and coordinate activities required of and related to Milestone Environmental Contracting (Milestone). In addition to other duties, role responsibilities will focus on project management support for the Team, to ensure deliverables are met and client / vendor requirements are sourced in a timely and professional manner.
General office support duties may involve reception duties, data entry, billing, word processing, support all positions as required.
Perform accounting and administrative tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Protect organizations value by keeping information confidential.
Health and Safety - Reads, understands and follows Milestones Environment, Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice / expense reports; recording entries
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Review and verify invoices and cheque requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform cheque runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Perform duties associated with receptionist, i.e. receive couriers, greet clients, guests, suppliers
- Provide support to site staff as required
- Sort and distribute mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning
- Prepare and arrange for courier packages to various offices
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet development
- Assist with the ordering of business cards, forms, etc., printed externally
Qualifications and Skills
- College education related to accounting / business administration or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience or
- Any equivalent combination of education and / or experiences from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- 1 – 3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Construction industry exposure / experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Mature and professional
- Work with virtual teams and inputs from a variety of team members
- A progressive thinker
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Pleasant manner
- Deadline Oriented
- Knowledge of project management practices and techniques
- Exceptional organization skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to multitask and flexible to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and a team player
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Analyzing Information
- Vendor Relationships
- Data Entry Skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team environment
- Knowledge of accounts payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Information management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Work is usually in an office environment. Occasional field visits may be required. Requirement to adjust to continuous changing priorities, work within tight timeframes and deadlines. Will be required to take direction from a number of managers / employees.
Participation in Employee Benefits Plan after probationary period.
Participation in Group RRSP after 1 year of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 1 year