Part Time Permanent Psw Ltc Jobs Vacancy in Schlegel Villages Waterloo
Schlegel Villages Waterloo urgently required following position for Part Time Permanent Psw Ltc. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Permanent Psw Ltc Jobs Vacancy in Schlegel Villages Waterloo Jobs Details:
We are currently seeking a Part Time Permanent PSW to join our team at the Village of University Gates located in Waterloo, Ontario. You will join our Day team (630-1430) and work approximately 30 hours bi-weekly. For information purposes the initial Neighbourhood assignment is Wright.
At Schlegel Villages, we aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. Family owned and operated, we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
Our team members are passionate about providing the highest quality of services to our residents. They not only have the right skills and knowledge, but more importantly, share the organizational values. They have the right attitude and view their role as not just a job but a calling. In all of our departments, we recruit only the best.
Schlegel Villages provides ongoing training and education programs to make sure our team members’ skills and knowledge are cutting edge. At our Villages, we realize that the highest quality of service does not just happen – it is the result of a good deal of focused effort.
We want to hire the best people, provide the best training and education, and support them with the best leadership. Our commitment to these objectives creates a culture and environment of positive engagement on our journey to change the culture of aging.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) acts as an advocate for residents living in Long Term Care and supports resident-centered care. A PSW works as part of an interdisciplinary team to support residents holistically and to advocate for residents to actively participate in making decisions. PSWs assist the resident with all activities of daily living. They support residents with personal hygiene care, basic nursing care, and assistance in the dining room. The PSW observes and reports any changes in the resident’s status to the Registered Practical Nurse or Charge Nurse.
The positions are ‘people intensive’, with a substantial component of the job involving fostering exemplary resident/family relations, and providing the highest level of customer service possible, with a concentration on flexible living and quality of life.
- Agrees with the objectives and philosophy of the Village and displays a caring, respectful attitude toward the residents, families, and team members
- Supports and embraces a resident-centered social culture
- Valid PSW Certificate that is 600 hours or greater and meets the vocational standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities, the standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges, or the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association
- Works well independently and as a co-operative team member
- Communicates effectively with others
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possesses exemplary customer service skills
- Demonstrates skill with computers (GoldCare, MS Word, internet, and office equipment)
- Sound knowledge of lift and transfer skills
- Committed to supporting residents with a high quality of personal care
- Able to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the job
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please complete a candidate profile and upload a current resume.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.