Communications Community Relations Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo
Region Waterloo Waterloo urgently required following position for Communications Community Relations Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Community Relations Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Region Waterloo Waterloo Jobs Details:
Assists management to coordinate annual communications initiatives and community relations plan, including presentations, promotional material, outreach activities, displays and events; writes print and website material and uses social media to communicate Rapid Transit initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Knowledge of copy writing, online marketing, digital media, online advertising, current social media platforms, and e-mail marketing with an understanding of campaign performance tracking, and data-driven marketing tactics, acquired through a minimum 3-year university degree in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism and a minimum 2 years of related experience using social media.
• Demonstrated ability to write effectively in plain language and a range of voices and creative styles for varied audiences and delivery methods (e.g., print, web, video); concisely communicate potentially politically sensitive subject matter; and build and maintain customer relationships.
• Ability to leverage social media to drive performance, customer engagement, and audience development and enhance social networking.
• Analytical and organizational skills to edit and proofread own work and the work of others; respond quickly and appropriately to emerging issues of an urgent and sometimes politically sensitive nature, and work independently to meet multiple demands and changing priorities.
• Communication and human relations skills, with ability to communicate effectively with a diverse community of current and potential patrons, while presenting a professional, friendly, positive image of transit and the Region; build and maintain relationships with community groups and businesses; respond to community/business complaints regarding construction and provide/facilitate resolution; and participate as effective team member.
• Ability to present a positive, consistent image and identity of the division and Region.
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, desktop publishing software, social media, and ability to update website content (e.g., iCreate).
• Knowledge of Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act as it relates to communications, privacy legislation, and Canadian Press Standards.
• Ability to compose, edit, and proofread media releases, newspaper and magazine articles, letters, brochures, manuals, procedures, newsletters, rider alerts, blogs, tweets, Facebook pages, website copy, and video scripts using creative, interpretive, and grammatically correct writing skills; and to develop and modify written communications according to audience. Ability to use web-based communication tools, with knowledge and understanding of best practices for web-based communications. Ability to respond to inquiries from patrons and other members of the public verbally and using social media forums.
• Ability to alter hours to work early mornings and evenings for presentations and special events; weekend work may be requested for same.
• Ability to travel to various locations within and outside Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
Please apply online, by the closing date Jan 25, 2018 quoting competition number 2017-2151 , or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Citizen Service Associate desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.